To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cayce, SC 29033
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
D.R. HORTON, INC. • Cayce, SC
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for an Accountant for their Accounting Department. The right candidate will be responsible for applying principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports. Assists in maintaining budgets and projected costs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare House Profit Analyses and review gross profit margins for each sales contract
- Review SG&A expenses and provide coding
- Review employee expense reimbursements for accuracy and appropriate documentation
- Review job costs for budget variances, cost code errors, and other posting errors on invoices, etc.
- Prepare journal entries as needed
- Conduct monthly close procedures and ensure deadlines are met
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Post bank deposits and create related cash receipt journals
- Process timely payment of property taxes and monthly amortization
- Monitor fixed asset purchases and ensure timely capitalization and depreciation of assets
- Assist vendors with any questions as needed
- Assist in SG&A forecast preparation
- Other ad hoc analyses, reports and projects as needed by division management
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Accounting from four-year college or university; of 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPA preferred
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental. Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America's Builder. #WeBuildPeople2