To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Shelby, OH 44875
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Abraxas (A GEO Company) • Shelby, OH
Posted 1 month ago
Facility: ABRAXAS OF OHIO
Compensation Base: 55,000
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
- This is a professional position providing clinical supervision, staff and program development and implementation for its clinical program. This position will provide individual, group, and family therapy skill for working with adolescents, and provides leadership in developing the skills of other clinical staff.
STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Major Activity: Supervises the day to day clinical services of a treatment unit.
- Supervises planning and scheduling of the daily clinical operations.
- Reviews service program and curriculum to ensure compliance with program mission, philosophy, and key principals.
- Applies relevant federal, state, and local agency statutes, rules, policies, procedures, and best practice standards related to treatment planning.
- Conducts effective clinical treatment team meetings.
- Ensures and provides for timely treatment planning reviews.
- Teaches and reinforces the foundations of residential care.
- Ensures and provides for clinical and educational coordination with the assistance of the Education Department.
Major Activity: Supervises/Provides clinical and case management services.
- Analyzes and interprets client records/reports of treatment, behavior and progress regarding treatment services.
- Ensures and provides for effective case management development and implementation including Specialized Behavior Intervention Plans, Progress and Update Reports, and Treatment Team Meetings
- Conducts clinical file reviews and ensures reviews are completed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Conducts reviews/counter-signatures for all treatment progress notes (IOP, Case Management, Individual and Group Counseling, Family Therapy, and Incident Report) for treatment unit.
- Provides clinical supervision of all clinical staff for treatment unit.
- Provides Individual and Group Counseling sessions and Family Therapy sessions per clinical schedule and as needed.
Major Activity: Communicates effectively throughout the Organization's Structure as well as various community and referral agencies.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with various community and referral agencies.
- Interprets program objectives to individual and public or private agencies to obtain mutual understanding, cooperation and support.
- Communicates information verbally and in written form to employees in a clear, precise, and understandable manner.
- Demonstrates constructive working relationships within the unit.
- Provides effective communication to promote productive agency change.
Major Activity: Administers Abraxas Policies and Procedures.
- Interprets, implements, enforces and role models agency policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements systems to organize and monitor work activities to insure effective organizational and individual performance.
- Participates in the Performance Improvement Process.
Major Activity: Demonstrates Professionalism in Performing Supervisory Duties
- Prepares for licensing/certification/accreditation agency site visits.
- Presents a positive agency image to other service providers and to the community.
- Thorough knowledge of the basic principles, practices and procedures involved in a cross-disciplinary program.
- Thorough knowledge of current treatment issues and problems and available community/clinical resources.
- Masters degree in the social science field and at least three years of related experience or Bachelor’s degree in the social service field and at least five years of related experience;
- Professional Clinical Counselor
- Licensed Independent Social Worker
- Licensed Independent Chemical Dependency Counselor (for drug and alcohol services only)/Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor III under supervision (for drug and alcohol services only)