To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Princess Anne, MD 21853
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems • Princess Anne, MD
Posted 9 days ago
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Clearance Type: Secret
Shift: 1st Shift
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
• Operate conventional, special purpose, and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts, and fits and assembles machined parts into complete units
• Utilize prints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to produce aerospace quality hardware
• Perform all machine operations to produce quality hardware with aerospace quality standards and specifications
• Fit and assemble parts into complete assemble, using jigs, fixtures, surface plate, surface table, hand tools, and power tools
• Verify dimensions and alignment of assembly, using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, height gauges, and gauge blocks
• Exercise independence of technical support and utilize experience in making judgments
• Perform other related duties as assigned or required
Must have active security clearance
• Proficiency with M and G code, as well as other CNC programming languages may be required.
• Technical knowledge and experience is required to solve complex mechanical and mathematical problems associated with proper setup of lathes and milling machines.
• Working knowledge in the design of jigs and fixtures for setting up machining operations in three planes to very close tolerances
• Mechanical and metalworking knowledge including the ability to drill and tap holes, minor sheet metal work, and/or light machining
• Must be familiar with hydraulic and or pneumatic systems
• Capable of understanding technical written documents, prints, schematics, and procedures
Training and Certifications in the following may be required:
• Crane Operator Certification per applicable standard
• Dye Penetrant Testing (Northrop Grumman Training)
• Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) Control per GPR 8730.6A
• Forklift Operator Certification per GPR 8719.1B
• General Safety Awareness, IT Security, Environmental Compliance, and Personnel Safety and Health
• Hazardous Materials Handlers (see Safety and Health Plan)
• High Pressure Operations per applicable standard
• Mate / Demate per applicable standard
• Ordnance / Pyrotechnics Certification per applicable standard
Education & Experience
• Associate Degree in Mechanical Technology, or equivalent military/trade school training and required experience
• Minimum 4 years of related experience with 2 years as a machinist or a total of 6 years of related experience in a production machine shop environment
Additional Desired/Preferred Requirements/Responsibilities
• Support design, development, construction, or evaluation of hardware relevant to sub-orbital vehicles
• Support integration tests for sub-orbital vehicles
• Fabricate or modify mechanical parts including prototype hardware, brackets, payload skins, and GSE
• Conduct tests on subcontractor supplied hardware as well as routine testing of new inventory components
• Fit and assemble parts into complete assemblies using jigs, fixtures, surface plate, surface table, hand tools, and power tools.
• Fabricate and test mechanical components and subsystems
• Resolve hardware compliance problems and coordinate work to assist with system integration of both the technical ground hardware and the flight hardware.
• Coordinate and expedite flow of material, parts, and assemblies in accordance with production and shipping schedules or mission related deadlines
• Responsible for maintaining stock records, ordering, and stocking of received supplies and maintaining inventory and status records of electronic equipment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.