About AramarkAramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description
Position Summary: The Accounting Senior Assistant is responsible for assisting in all accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, preparing cash bags, counting deposits, and payroll. The Accounting Senior Assistant must act with integrity and strictly adhere to all accounting policies and procedures for auditing purposes and to ensure the financial success of the business. This position will assist the Unit Controller with various projects.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Count incoming deposit bags received from units
- Prepare change orders for the units
- Count and maintain the balance of the accounting safe and petty cash fund on a daily basis to ensure all safes are correct
- Reporting cash sales from units into weekly sales report
- Reporting weekly sales from the franchise brands
- Post incoming checks to the accounts receivable spreadsheet and maintain copies of the invoice with the check once payment is received
- Assist in making calls to departments on campus concerning past-due accounts receivables
- Key in invoices using the Manager's Toolkit/Accounts Payable System
- Ensure all invoices are paid on time
- Make calls to the unit managers to make sure all invoices for the week have been turned in
- Complete wage verification forms
- Must be able to produce spreadsheets reflecting sales on a monthly basis
- Set up new vendors as needed
- Maintain a professional image
- Ability to lift at least 20 pounds
- Involves repetitive motion
- Ability to be sedentary for period of time
- Ability to type proficiently
Additional Job Functions:
- Special accounting projects as needed
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the Aramark management team.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No direct supervisory responsibilities Qualifications
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong math skills, counting and cash handling skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in accounting
- Prior experience in a high-volume/fast-paced environment required
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills with a strong attention to detail
- Background check required
- Problem Solving - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed
- Associate or Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or other related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time
Work Environment: Accounting offices, money room, and business units for auditing purposes.
Standard Accounting Practices