Are you ready to put your skills to the test? Does the chance to join a well-known Wholesale Distribution - Dur Goods company thrill you? Apply today for your next job through Robert Half Finance. Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant include preparing and consolidating financial statements, analyzing and reconciling accounts, analyzing cash flow, establishing budgets and forecasting, preparing audits, and handling internal control maintenance and regulatory reporting. To thrive in this position, you will need outstanding analytical skills. In addition to the solid compensation and benefits, this full-time position offers the possibility of growth. This Senior Accountant role is located in Rosemont, Illinois within the Wholesale Distribution - Dur Goods field.
For immediate consideration, send your resume to Email blocked - click to apply
Your responsibilities in this role
- Manage Ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Prepare Balance Sheet account reconciliations
- Produce error-free monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables such as journal entries, reconciliations, reports in compliance with GAAP
- Offer involvement in various department-wide initiatives
- Prepare financial analysis on trends, performance metrics, benchmarks, etc.
- Ensure corporate accounting policies, procedures, and controls are followed when working with business partners and be able to provide support on special requests
- Strong interest in continuously improving the automation of the accounting and reporting process
- Prepare monthly consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet flux analysis for management reporting
- Assist in coordinating quarterly reviews and testing with internal and external auditors
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Ability to work well in matrix organization and dealing with ambiguity
- Corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence systems experience a plus
- Accounting experience in publicly-traded company a plus
- Excellent verbal, written, and social communication skills
- BA/BS in Accounting, CPA credentials are preferred
- Self-driven motivator who takes initiative on projects with a strong ability to understand and solve creative challenges
- Commitment and abilities to meet critical business deadlines
- Deep understanding of internal controls and SOX compliance
- Knowledgeable of ERP systems
- Be detailed, flexible, and organized
- Microsoft Excel experience
- 3-5 years of overall general accounting experience, ideally with Big 4 experience
- Skilled at time management
For immediate consideration, send your resume to Mike.Assaad@roberthalf.com
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Sarbanes Oxley Act (Sox) Compliance