Midsouth Paving, Inc., part of CRH’s South Division, is a leading supplier of quality asphalt and Construction Services in the Southeastern U.S., with operations in Alabama. Working with government agencies, private contractors, counties and municipalities, we produce millions of tons of quality construction materials and pave many miles of highways every year. Our highly skilled workforce strives to deliver the highest quality products and services in a safe, timely and efficient manner, on every project. Mid-South Paving, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify Participant.
This is a skilled position involving the safe and efficient operation of Asphalt Rollers and compactors to bring asphalt, soils and aggregate within compaction specifications on heavy highway projects.
- Prior experience operating an Asphalt Roller on road construction projects preferred.
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently.
- Knowledge of asphalt and aggregate characteristics
- Knowledge of rolling patterns.
- Familiarity with vibrating frequencies in comparison to maximum depth.
- Must be able to follow grades.
- The job duties described herein are not exhaustive and may be supplemented
- Must be able to repetively lift 50 pounds, walk, stoop, squat, sit, kneel.
- Capable of passing required physical examination
- Knowledge of equipment and their uses
- Understand and apply basic mathematical skills (adding, subtracting, division, & multiplication)
- Knowledge of basic measurements and how to read a tape measure
- Maintain reliable attendance, meeting company standards, and maintain a positive attitude.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Midsouth Paving, Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Asphalt Roller Operator - Birmingham.
- Patient Assessment
- Positive Attitude
- Earthworks Roads, Pavements And Highways
- Measurement And Metrology