To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Phoenix, AZ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
JLL • Phoenix, AZ
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Accounting Associate, Phoenix
We are currently seeking an accounting associate to join one of our client-dedicated account teams in Phoenix. Our Accounting Associate performs a variety of professional level accounting duties involved in preparing, maintaining, analyzing, verifying, and reconciling moderately complex financial transactions, statements, records, and reports; maintains the accuracy of the ledgers and financial systems.
What this job involves:
- Perform month-end and year-end close activities, from balance sheet and cash account reconciliations to financial statement preparation.
- Prepare monthly financial package and submit timely to the Finance & Accounting Manager, for review and approval in order to finalize reporting within the proper time frame for review.
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly property financial statements for a 2 to 3 property portfolio by deadlines established within Client Accounting Services and by external Client. Prepare additional schedules, which are required to support account balances or are specifically required by owners.
- Submit financial statements and work papers in reviewable form (including documentation) and within the proper time frame for review.
- Insure that all bank statements are reconciled on a timely basis and follow-up on all outstanding checks and reconciling items monthly.
- Perform reconciliation and true-up of funding vs. actual expenditures.
- Prepare and properly document journal entries.
- Prepare and track accruals and accrual entries.
- Assist with Budgets and Forecasts as needed.
- Assist with the calculation of fees (i.e. Management and Incentive) as needed.
- Responsible for cash management of assigned properties.
- Ensure compliance with both JLL Internal Audit and Client Accounting Services SAS 70 internal review standards.
Sound like you? Before you apply it’s worth knowing what we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 0-2 years real estate accounting experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office, advanced user of Excel (charts, pivot tables, vlookups)
- Experience with JD Edwards platforms or other real estate financial applications desired
- Ability to multitask, work successfully under pressure, and effectively prioritize and manage time and workload to meet client/corporate needs
- Demonstrated consistency in values, principles and work ethic
- Ability to work independently and within a team to build relationships and interact effectively with business partners
- Willingness to take on new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Understanding of and commitment to client services
- A desire to work within a diverse, collaborative, and driven professional environment
What you can expect from us:
We’re an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. We succeed together—across the desk and around the globe. We believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, well-being, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
With us, you’ll develop your strengths and enjoy a career full of varied experiences. We can’t wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL.
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see JLL's Global Privacy Statement or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please view our Equal Opportunity and Information Security disclaimers here.