To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Arlington, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Inventory Management Product Specialist
MSC Industrial Supply Co., Inc. • Arlington, TX
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services.
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
Reporting directly to the Vending Program Supervisor, this position is responsible for executing activities related to item data quality as it relates to Inventory Management solutions for MSC’s vending customers. Primary duties include, but are not limited to, receipt and review of data collection for confirmation of viable detail, Item sourcing, quoting, creation, cleaning and set up. Contract agreement confirmation and item set up related to contracts, validate and confirm customer pricing, provide pricing review to sales team for approval, generate the customer approvals and provide support to the IM Project Specialist team as it relates to item detail for the project.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies tooling for Vending Solutions customers as part of the program database build and provide all necessary descriptive information to establish new MSC part numbers to support the Vending Solutions.
- Maintains “single point” process to integrate catalog items, non-catalog items, special items in support of developing item plans for Solutions crib and Solutions databases.
- Works with suppliers to provide item quotations to gather and archive descriptive information required for on non-catalog and special items.
- Matches MSC part numbers to customer tooling needs.
- Formats tooling descriptions to MSC description template standards.
- Assists in building multiple part number requests and vending solutions item databases.
- Active communication with various teams and project representatives via email, phone and chatter.
- Review, update, process, generate and submit the appropriate customer approval documents to support the project.
- Tracks and maintains project processes through the item planning process.
- Assists in the daily maintenance of the team email box and communications.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
- Develop and submission of item cleaning detail for data submission.
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC’s mission.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or the equivalent is required. Associates degree or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years Industry experience required.
- Strong knowledge of metal-cutting tooling required.
- Inventory management solutions experience preferred
- Intermediate level working knowledge of Microsoft Excel required.
- MSC applicable computer systems and assigned software knowledge required.
- Knowledge of the industry and the diverse product offering and manufacturers required.
- Excellent time management skills are required.
- Strong problem-solving skills are required.
- Must be able to multi-task proficiently.
- Must be able to work cross functionally among multiple departments (Sales/Operational)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
As one of America’s Best Large Employers (named in 2017 by Forbes magazine), we care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,000+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.