To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Clifton, NJ 07011
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Audit Manager
Kforce Finance and Accounting • Clifton, NJ
Posted 9 days ago
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce's client, a local CPA firm in Clifton, New Jersey (NJ) is seeking a Senior Audit Manager. This form offers great benefits along with summer hours Memorial Day to Labor Day. They will be responsible for managing & performing audits for publicly traded & privately held companies in a variety of industries. Essential Functions:
- Identifies and communicates to management and audit committee suggestions to improve client internal controls and accounting procedures
- Identify and delegates functions of the audit to the auditor in charge as deemed appropriate
- Supervise the work of audit team and review workpapers and conclusions preferably onsite during audit field work
- Identifies and consults with clients on the impact of new accounting pronouncements
- Presents and discusses alternative generally accepted accounting principles and arguments for/against such alternatives
- Drafts complex financial statements and related footnote disclosures and effectively communicates these to client
- Identifies complex accounting issues and forms and documents resolution, seeking counsel of the firm's audit partners as needed
- Applies a thorough knowledge of professional standards/practices, including GAAS and PCAOB in performing and supervising work
- Prepares or reviews required communications to management and audit committees, ensuring timeliness and completeness
- Recommends appropriate outcomes to critical issues
- Initiates and prepares client acceptance/retention procedures where appropriate; Plans the audit process and oversees the execution of procedures with quality, efficiency, and completeness despite pressures of deadlines; Prepares memo supporting research/conclusions and consults with others if appropriate; Responsible for supervision of Supervisor, Senior, Semi-Senior and Staff Accountants on all projects; Review work prepared by engagement team and provide review comments; Schedule and manage workload of engagement team
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA is required
- Minimum 10+ years with public accounting audit for both publicly traded & privately held companies for a variety of industries
- At least 3 years of managing staff