The Retail Store Associate works under the direction of Retail Store Management to maintain the efficient operation of a retail store by delivering outstanding customer service to achieve established goals for sales, production, safety and expense control.
1. Provide excellent customer and donor service
2. Present a friendly, cooperative attitude to the general public and store staff
3. Perform accurate operations of a cash register
4. Receive and accurately record donations from public
5. Sort and price donations
6. Merchandise sales floor to meet company standards and guidelines
7. Load and unload store trucks
1. Able to move at least 25 lbs.
2. Able to move around in tight space; repetitive hand movement required
3. Work flexible shifts and overtime when needed
4. Able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
5. Able to write simple correspondence and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
6. Able to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Able to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance
7. Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
1. Some retail and sales experience helpful
2. Able to read, speak and write Basic English
3. Able to operate cash register and PC
4. Good communication and interpersonal skills Goodwill is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations for job duties in accordance with Federal and State law.