Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
As a driver, you will deliver and recover equipment at the customer site. This involves local or long-distance hauling of equipment and supplies as well as loading/unloading and securing equipment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Deliver and recover equipment at the customer site
• Loading, unloading and securing the equipment.
• Local or long-distance hauling of equipment and supplies.
• Perform basic troubleshooting involving malfunctioning equipment at jobsite and make minor repairs.
• Perform daily commercial vehicle inspection with completion of necessary repairs to vehicle to ensure operational safety.
• Learn and demonstrate Customer Service Standards for delivery service.
• Accurately obtain require signatures on rental contracts, pick up and exchange forms.
• Demonstration of proper and safe equipment usage to customer at point of delivery.
• Perform other duties assigned by the manager or authorized personnel.
• Complete inspection reports for out-going and returned equipment; completing log book and trip sheets meeting all D.O.T. and company record keeping requirements.
Definition of Class A Vehicle
Any combination of vehicles which has a gross combination weight rating or gross combination weight of 11,794 kilograms or more (26,001 pounds or more) whichever is greater, inclusive of a towed unit(s) with a gross vehicle weight rating or gross vehicle weight of more than 4,536 kilograms (10,000 pounds) whichever is greater
• Education High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
• Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively
• Valid Driver’s license with Class A CDL certification, DOT Physical Examination (Medical card)
• Working knowledge and understanding of Motor Carrier Safety regulations / DOT guidelines.
• Knowledge of local major and minor roadways and the ability to effectively use maps and directions for efficient delivery routing.
• Possess knowledge of and/or previous experience in driving delivery trucks, towing tandem axle utility trailers and towable construction equipment, operating safely within high traffic or congested city zones and in small areas
• Prior training and/or experience with similar commercial equipment preferred.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, employees or members of the business community.
• Ability to effectively present information to top management.
• Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• 2 years’ experience preferred; with verifiable over-the-road experience operating combination commercial vehicles.
• Be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
• Exhibit safe driving behavior / record instead of quality level record and maintain a Sunbelt quality level driving record.
• Demonstrate a high level of safety awareness on the roadways
• Exhibit professional defensive driving techniques to protect internal equipment and other drivers
• Possess a “Can Do” attitude and be willing to do what is necessary to exceed customer expectation.
• Must have sufficient mechanical ability to troubleshoot and make minor repairs to equipment and vehicle.
• Possess prior experience in safe operation of heavy construction machinery within rental industry, and working understanding of load securement and transport.
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.
Occupational Safety And Health
Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)