The Mobile General Skilled Technician is responsible for servicing general systems and components of facilities including, but not limited to doors carpentry, windows, flooring, minor painting, and other supporting systems; performing structured inspections, preventative and corrective maintenance, routine and on-demand services. May also be involved form time to time in operating systems in sites. The Mobile General Skilled Technician is also responsible for performing work in accordance with established processes and practices and for complying with internal and external requirements including but not limited to environmental, health and safety, fire protection.
- Provides observations about the facility on general components as noted above but also may include mechanical and electrical equipment and systems conditions and deficiencies and provide suggestions for enhancement and repair.
- Performs work in accordance to established processes and practices
- Complies with all internal and external requirements including but not limited to environmental, health and safety, fire protection.
- Performs regular facility systems monitoring inspections, preventative and corrective maintenance to ensure facility uptime objectives are met, uninterrupted client operation and asset integrity.
- Responds to routine and on-demand service requests and performs preventative and corrective maintenance on facility systems.
- conducting facility walkthroughs for mechanical, electrical and other equipment system monitoring and inspection.
- From time to time assigned to operates facility mechanical and other systems
- Manages work order life cycle progressing the work form dispatched through to completion and records resolution data within service maintenance management database. Ensures work completed meets quality, contract response and all other requirements
- Assists in the implementation of preventative maintenance (PM) program. Ensures that deficiencies are identified, recorded and escalated, and that related documents are maintained.
- Assists in enhancing tenant and customer satisfaction and maintaining positive relations through manner in which work is performed, notes made on each work order, and services delivered.
- Participates in and assists with facility-related projects.
- Ensures the manner in which work is performed is in compliance with corporate and legislated policies, procedures, practices and guidelines related to environmental, health and safety, fire protection and any other applicable requirements.
- Maintains all assigned tools and arranges for repair and replacement where required
- Submits all expenditures on a timely basis.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- High school diploma. Any trades training and/or certification or licensing is a benefit.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience providing preventive and corrective maintenance on general building components including doors, windows, walls, flooring, etc .
- Sound knowledge of processes and practices relating to facility operations and maintenance
- Demonstrated ability to maintain, troubleshoot and repair (as per applicable qualifications) building systems and equipment
- Possesses a strong environmental, health, and safety mindset.
- Strong client-service orientation along with a high sense of urgency
- Effective communication skills for the purpose of data relay, exchange, feedback, and clarification
- Must be available for on-call/standby and emergency call-outs as they arise while on standby
- Must strictly adhere to Health and Safety policies including wearing required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Must be capable of obtaining appropriate security clearance
- Valid drivers’ license
Further information is available at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to General Skilled Technician - Mobile
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS that have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence. This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity. Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.