To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Orlando, FL
- Orlando Dispatch 12
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
MV Transportation • Orlando, FL
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
MV Transportation is seeking a Dispatch Supervisor to supervise a large Dispatch department. He/she will be responsible for ensuring the Dispatch department maintains effective daily communication with drivers, including those run by subcontractors; to continually monitor service making proactive adjustments to maximize on time performance and productivity; demonstrate effective use of scheduling software, two-way radio communication, telephone, and data analysis skills.
- Manages and coordinates technical workforce job completion.
- Customer complaint resolution.
- Obtain daily service disruptions in Excel Workbook.
- Oversee improvement in customer satisfaction and dispatch satisfaction.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance.
- Ensure that dispatch personnel are effectively performing linked function between the operators and customers by monitoring the responses to customer service requests and by ensuring appropriate prioritization and dispatch of service requests to Senior Management.
- Provide subordinate coaching and assistance when required.
- Communicate with Management as needed to maximize efficiencies and resolve issues.
- Has the authority to make the recommendation to hire and fire and to implement discipline and direct work of Dispatch employees.
- Interviews applicants; Handles employee grievances and complaints.
- Monitor specific charts and daily graphs to ensure that all service calls are being managed and completed in a timely manner.
- Monitor real time call flow, inbound dispatcher availability, Service Levels and other critical call statistics to ensure calls are answered in a timely manner and abandon calls are minimized.
- Fill in as a Dispatcher when required.
- Recommend promotions.
- Ensure overall compliance with various office policies such as: uniforms, use of electronic devices, phone compliance, meal breaks and attendance.
- Has the authority to issue work instructions; coaching and discipline of immediate dispatch staff; has the authority to make recommendations to hire and fire personnel.
- College Degree in Business Management or Administration or will have degree within the next six (6) months.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while managing 7 day/week operations.
- At least three (3) to five (5) years successful supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively lead a diverse group of individuals to successfully achieve the goals of the Dispatch department.
- Ability to learn and demonstrate efficiency in the use of Trapeze.
- Has the ability to manage a workforce to meet customer expectations.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and follow directions.
- Ability to adapt and remain flexible in a dynamic environment.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.