Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The USNO Linux Administrator will be a member of the USNO sustainment team and will be responsible for all aspects of administration, maintenance, and management of Linux servers and workstations for USNO PTA networks. The USNO Linux Administrator position is responsible for:
• Managing system uptime and availability for Linux servers in a VMware virtualized architecture
• Configuring, managing, and troubleshooting issues with RHEL and SUSE servers
• Applying operating system and software patches and upgrades for Linux servers and workstations
• Working with team members to manage port, protocol, and network configuration information for Linux servers and hosted applications
• Working with team members to implement IAVs and STIG mitigations to satisfy cybersecurity requirements
• Collaborating with other team members to develop, implement, and revise processes to meet technical and security-related requirements for administration Linux servers and workstations
• Documenting, communicating and implementing standardized processes and procedures for effective administration of Linux servers and workstations
• Maintaining all DoDD 8140.01 Cyberspace Workforce Management qualifying criteria certifications, an active clearance and all annual required training
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Current qualifying certification/experience to meet DoDD 8140.01 Cyberspace Workforce Management criteria (previously DoDD 8570.1 Cybersecurity Workforce Management Framework or CSWF) -- IAT 2 level preferred
• 10+ years of experience in administration, management, engineering, and/or maintenance of Linux operating systems, including RedHat and SUSE-based servers and workstations
• Experience managing Linux servers deployed in a virtual environment
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Experience working in DoD enterprise environments
• Experience with or exposure to cybersecurity frameworks and implementation tools, such as RMF, DIACAP,STIGs, IAVs, etc
• Experience with or exposure to enterprise cybersecurity technologies such as: Host Based Security Systems(HBSS), Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), Log/Audit solutions (e.g. SPLUNK, Archsight, etc.),Intrusion Detection/Protection Systems (IDS/IPS), Firewalls, etc
• Experience with administration of Linux operating systems in a VMware environment
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD SECRET CLEARANCE TO START, BUT WILL NEED TO OBTAIN A TS/SCI CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled