Kforce's client, a national CPA firm in Roseland, NJ is seeking a Staff Auditor in Financial Services. This firm is growing and is seeking future leaders.
The primary focus will be on financial services clients. They run client engagements from start to finish. This includes all aspects of financial statement preparation, internal staffing of engagements, project scheduling and budgeting, planning of the engagement, and related administrative functions.
- Supervising, training, and mentoring staff and interns on audit process and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews
- Maintaining an exceptional relationship with clients to increase customer happiness and working with client management and staff at all levels to perform audit services
- Working with your audit team to identify and resolve client issues discovered during the audit process
- Researching and analyzing financial statements and audit issues utilizing electronic databases, and employing audit software to review and compile financial information
- Actively engaging with key client management to collect information, resolve audit-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements; This firm offers opportunity for advancement along with good work life balance
- This position requires you to meet the education requirement for CPA certification in New York or New Jersey; CPA license in these states preferred
- 1 to 3 years of recent public accounting external audit; SEC experience is preferred
- Experience auditing financial service clients is a plus or willingness to want to work in the financial service sector
- Skills should include organization, social, technical, and accounting and auditing so that you can work effectively with clients and staff
- Experience with engagement management, reviews, and staff supervision
- Need to be able to multi-task since planning, executing, and wrapping up various engagements may have to be performed concurrently
- Ability to perform research on technical matters prior to submitting for manager review is essential
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Process Improvements (Business)