To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Ottawa, IL 61350
- Unimin Corporation
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Covia Holdings Corporation • Ottawa, IL
Posted 2 months ago
Covia is a leading supplier of minerals and material solutions to the industrial and energy markets. The formation of Covia in 2018 is the most recent of many significant milestones in our shared history. Built from the merging of Fairmount Santrol and Unimin Corporation, Covia's rich legacy includes many achievements across industries and capital success through partnership. Our ability to deliver the right product, to the right place, at the right time, is unmatched. Just as strong is our commitment to building partnerships that help our customers succeed.
Quality and innovation are at the foundation of Covia; but our real strength is our people. Covia employs a diverse and highly-skilled team of professionals to convert natural minerals into engineered solutions for our customers. Every member of our team has a valuable opportunity to help shape our future and make a positive impact on the world around us through our commitment to the locations where we live and work.
Covia is looking for a dynamic Environmental Specialist who will have a positive impact on the Environmental Affairs & Sustainability team at its Ottawa, Illinois, location. The Environmental Specialist role is a professional position performing specialized environmental work and providing assistance for a specific environmental tasks and projects as directed. This is a corporate level position requiring the ability to work with limited supervision and interact with other employees in a positive and professional manner. To successfully perform the requirements, it will be necessary to be physically able to climb ladders, stairs, hills and rough terrain.
The successful incumbent will have the following Key Accountabilities:
PERMIT ACQUISITION + MAINTENANCE
- Drafting, for internal review, of environmental permit applications including air, water, surface mining and local land use permitting. This includes preparation of all necessary maps, flow sheets, reclamation plans, and completing the required forms.
- Prepare presentation materials for public hearings, including local, state and Federal permitting audiences.
- Research government agency rules and regulations for permit acquisition and renewals.
- Compile and draft such periodic reporting as may be necessary to comply with applicable environmental regulations.
- Drafting / review of environmental review documents to satisfy environmental policy act requirements.
- Assist with the development of Environmental Control Plans to comply with environmental laws, regulations, and permit conditions.
- Provide assistance with the preparation of applications, reports and coordinate the permitting of wetlands, stream crossings, and environmental mitigation.
- Work with environmental consultants to provide the necessary information for the completion of contracted environmental work.
- Assist with conducting environmental audits, reporting on environmental deficiencies, and recommending strategies to comply with environmental regulations.
- Assist with the development of action items to improve environmental compliance at Covia sites based upon the audit findings.
- Assist with the preparation, planning and assist with presentation of environmental training of Operations personnel in areas of expertise
GENERAL ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide environmental assistance to the plants and other Covia departments with interpretation of environmental regulations.
- Assist with the preparation and planning of corrective actions to satisfy environmental requirements or orders.
- Assist with the implementation and roll-out and maintenance of environmental compliance software system for assigned geographical area.
- Keeping updated of new environmental regulations and developing compliance programs to keep operations in environmental compliance.
- Assist with the developing, planning and programming all the activities involved in identifying and alleviating environmental compliance or risk issues.
- Utilize technical expertise in identifying and alleviating environmental problems and developing economical compliance solutions.
- Assist with the determination of levels of pollution and draft recommendations to senior management.
- Keep up to date with environmental regulations within a specified region or country.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the General Manager or Vice President of Environmental.
The successful incumbent will have the following Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree - environmental or earth sciences required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the environmental field
- Excellent Healthcare Benefits - medical, vision, dental
- 401K with company matching and fixed annual contributions
- Vacation + Paid Holidays
- Education Assistance
- Disability, Life / AD&D, and Long Term Care Insurances
- Employee Assistance Program
At Covia, we strive for and support a diverse workforce as we firmly believe this lays the foundation of our success. Our compelling culture supports inclusion, individuality and respect within the workplace. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non-work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status.
The organization offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
NO RECRUITER INQUIRIES PLEASE. All other inquiries should be directed to the Talent Acquisition team.