Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
With over 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for hypertension and thrombotic disorders, under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with a Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo research and development is primarily focused on bringing forth novel therapies in oncology, including immuno-oncology, with additional focus on new horizon areas, such as pain management, neurodegenerative diseases, heart and kidney diseases, and other rare diseases. Job Summary:
The Epidemiology Analytics Manager position provides epidemiologic and analytical support to the Epidemiology team by coordinating epidemiology activities and/or projects, conducting data analyses and supporting senior management in various epidemiological activities. This position also generates data standardization, visualization, and reporting to support analysis for epidemiologic studies and safety surveillance. This position carries out various functions (e.g., literature reviews, analysis to obtain background rates) for development of safety documents (e.g., RMP), support SMT or other safety-related meetings and study protocols. This position independently manages relationships with internal (CSPV, Regulatory, Clinical, Medical Affairs, HEOR and other stakeholders to ensure expectations are clearly defined and met across participating teams) and external stakeholders. Must be able to prioritize and manage across multiple projects and vendors. Provides strong vendor/internal communication to ensure successful and timely project delivery. Additionally, this position solves complex technical problems with experience and expertise. Finally, this position makes tactical decisions utilizing input from upper management that impacts more than one project team at a time. Responsibilities: Data management and analysis:
Plans and executes data analyses. Develops reports. Conducts literature search reviews including searches, reviews, preparation of summaries and reports as needed. Conducts estimation of background rates. Reviews safety documents and study protocols as needed.
Works with cross-functional teams to formulate responses to health authority queries. Coordination of epidemiologic functions:
Organization of meetings, preparation of minutes, setting up conference calls/Webex/Videoconferences as needed
- Responsible for the logistics of global epidemiology working team meetings and webinars including preparation of agendas and minutes
- Continuous improvement of process to improve the administrative organization of epidemiology activities
- This person should be able to balance conflicting priorities with limited resources and budget
- Monitoring of epidemiologic projects to ensure their delivery on time
- Ensuring the documentation of epidemiology activities by lead epidemiologist to prepare the end-of year report
Leads the process. Efficiency of Process, SOP:
Leads the process and provides guidance. Proactively ensures regulatory and good pharmacoepidemiology practices.
Travel requirements of at least 6-8 days per month and occasional weekend commitments. Qualifications
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.Education/Experience:
- Master’s or doctoral degree in Epidemiology, biostatistics, statistics, bioinformatics, public health or related field
- At least 3 years of post-Master’s degree/1 year of post-doctoral degree experience in a relevant industry or functional area
- Knowledge of database management (e.g., MS-Access) and statistical programming (e.g., SAS)
- Demonstrated ability to formally plan, execute, and deliver projects
- Project Management experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written
- A positive serving leader who relishes continuous improvement
- Initiating, organized, detail oriented, and analytical skills
- High emotional intelligence, composed, able to lead the project under pressure
- This person will coordinate multiple epidemiologic project, so the person should be able to prioritize and organize multiple activities
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.