Lucas Group is partnering with a manufacturing company based in Denver, Colorado to identify an Accounts Payable Specialist to join their team. This position's primary responsibility is performing full cycle Accounts Payable. Various tasks will require knowledge and experience in the accounting field, as well as knowledge of basic Accounting Principles.
Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive search firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist mid-tier to Fortune 500 clients find transcendent, exclusive talent; candidates fully realize their career ambitions; and associates find professional success. Combining local knowledge with national reach, Lucas Group has the geographic breadth and industry depth necessary to deliver results. We provide trusted, consultative service by truly listening and responding to the needs of our clients and candidates. We are professional, high-performance, and passionate industry veterans with both insight and integrity, making a very real difference in business and careers. We listen. We understand. We deliver.
- Ensure vendor receiving documentation matches vendor invoice
- Receive and code non-inventory invoices and stage for entry
- Ensure proper approval of all non-inventory invoices
- Enter all inventory and non-inventory invoices. Entry is made within one business day
- Review and process employee Concur expense reports
- Prepare weekly check runs and ensure all vendors are paid within terms
- Ensure that discount invoices are paid in a timely manner to receive the discount
- Ensure agent payments are don on bi-weekly check runs
- Match checks with appropriate backup paperwork
- Complete checks by Thursday of the check run week unless otherwise specified, and forward for processing
- Filing of all check detail from the check run by the end of day the following Monday
- Maintain file cabinets, and year end storage of AP detail
- Maintain records on an ongoing basis for the needs of the Sales and Use tax return
- Maintain records on an ongoing basis for the needs of the prepaids and fixed asset reconciliation
- Other tasks as assigned
• Must be a very detail oriented and well-organized individual
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must be able to communicate and provide verbal feedback in a professional manner
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Ability to follow verbal or written directions and react favorably in all work situations
• Ability to do simple math calculations, input data into the computer and analyze data as required
• Considerable tact, discretion and integrity, including the ability to handle information of highly confidential and/or a sensitive nature
• Must have a positive attitude and a professional demeanor
• Must be able to work overtime when required
- Associates degree in Accounting, or equivalent work experience
Salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits, including health and dental insurance, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement program, employee matched 401k and paid vacations.