ECS is seeking a Cybersecurity Project Manager to work in our Bethesda, MD office.
The Cybersecurity Project Manager oversees and coordinates multiple projects, facilitating teams on large cybersecurity and IT consulting projects relating to enterprise implementation of cybersecurity initiatives and technologies. Analyze new and complex project-related problems and create solutions that normally involve the schedule, technology, methodology, tools, solution components, and financial management of the project. Provide applications systems analysis and long and short-range plans for application selection, systems development, systems maintenance, and production activities for necessary support resources.
- Facilitate multiple cyber initiatives, track project(s) progress, issues, & risks. Provide recommendations and guidance to the customer enabling project improvements and reducing risk across the enterprise.
- Assist with the development of a comprehensive information security and privacy program based on the latest laws, regulations, and industry best practices.
- Maintain existing as well as creating new project charters, levels of effort, schedules and objectives for assigned cybersecurity projects.
- Analyze potential impacts of project scope changes and making recommendations to cyber programs.
- Monitor team progress against project plans.
- Lead team meetings, tracking issues, decisions, action items, and following-up between meetings to drive issues to closure.
- Lead the development of briefing materials for customer updates and decisions.
- Participate and contribute to business development endeavors such as RFP/RFQ reviews, proposal development, drafting concept and white papers and other efforts as directed.
- Analyze schedules, risks, and quality of project deliverables.
- Work with Service Delivery Managers, program team members and stakeholders to anticipate and manage changes to projects, such as but not limited to, technical and functional requirements, business requirements and milestone schedule.
- Perform other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
- Travel to the customer's location in Bethesda MD may be required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong stakeholder management and engagement skills with staff at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with Senior Agency management and leadership.
- Familiarity with NIST Risk Management Framework, including SP 800-30, -37, -39, -53, and -53A/B.
- Ability to guide the development of enterprise implementation guidance for agency management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, Electronics Engineering or other engineering or technical discipline, or Business/Management/IT or related discipline
- 8+ years of project management and related experience, including identifying, managing, and satisfying project and program requirements.
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), or other related project management certification
- Experience conducting stakeholder interviews to document procedure to facilitate the implementation of security and privacy initiatives.
- Technical background in deployment of cyber monitoring tools.
- Ability to provide recommendations and guidance to the senior agency officials which enables them to enhance and optimize their information security program.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
- Business Development
- Business Requirements
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Electrical Engineering
- Engagement Skills