To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Seattle, WA
- Bhavishya Lingam
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Business Analyst (Work from home 50%)
Kelly IT Resources • Seattle, WA
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Kelly IT is looking for a Business Analyst For our client in Seattle, WA
Location: Seattle, WA
Duration: 6 months could extend
Work from home 50%
Apply knowledge of business and technology to allow for the development of integrated solutions to resolve technical and business issues. Serve as a liaison between internal customers and functional IT departments during the initial phases of development efforts for various business initiatives. Apply structured methodology in the creation of requirements from the business perspective, translated in to easily understood formats that are acted upon by the various technical design and development teams in IT. Following BA principles and accepted methodologies, define the system and functional requirements of technical projects. Define specifications and data models for development efforts and testing. Create detailed test cases and analyze results. May assess available technologies and recommend solutions to technical teams. This position will focus on quality assurance, process steps and output for multiple customer projects, programs and IT systems.
Work is typically performed under general supervision, receiving some guidance from manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed. May receive guidance on how to complete some assignments. Able to exercise moderate level of discretion and latitude in completing tasks and prioritizing work. Work is typically completed by following established policies and procedures but may require interpretation to meet unique business needs. Work may be reviewed by senior level staff or by management.
- Apply good knowledge of systems to analyze and make recommendations to develop integrated solutions to resolve business issues. Participate and assist Sr. level Team Members in facilitating meetings with customers to understand business needs and identify the best solution
- Using multiple information gathering techniques, assist in conducting facilitated sessions with customers to define detailed business requirements for solution development. Establish and maintain clear scope boundaries for the solution. Assist in the development of clear and concise functional requirements for the technical developers that are free from ambiguity to minimize re-work and errors.
- Develop precise documentation of prioritized functional requirements that can directly be converted to test plans, use cases, and system conceptual designs to meet performance targets and development project plans.
- Assist in translating requirements and use cases to the designers, ensuring there is a clear and concise understanding of requirements. Review test conditions and expected results for product, performance and user acceptance testing.
- Participate in quality management reviews as outlined in the project work plan, and in reviews of the designs, prototypes and other project work products to ensure they fulfill the requirements.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
Job Knowledge & Skills
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with up to 3 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
Able to translate previous work experience in to very good problem-solving skills and appropriately apply proven solutions. Consistently deliver prescribed outcomes in a timely and accurate manner with appropriate guidance. Apply existing processes and procedures to solve problems and may receive guidance for problems that are non-routine.
Able to apply very good functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC or other technical tools to complete work assignments. May require knowledge of, or ability to quickly learn specialized software related to the position.
Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to understand general business concepts and apply them when communicating with diverse groups of people when completing work assignments.
Additional job requirements may be listed on the staffing requisition.
With Kelly, you’ll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative and high- visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 3,000 IT hiring managers turn to us each year to access the best talent: people like you.
Last year we found 8,000 opportunities for IT professionals. Let us help advance your career today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.