Maxim Healthcare is looking to hire an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) to administer first-aid treatment to sick or injured patients to a medical facility. The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) will also transport patients, as necessary.
- Responds to instructions from emergency medical dispatcher and drives specially equipped emergency vehicle to specified location.
- Monitors communication equipment to maintain contact with dispatcher.
- Removes or assists in the removal of victims from the scene of an accident or catastrophe.
- Determines the nature and extent of illness or injury, or magnitude of catastrophe, to establish first aid procedures to be followed or the need for additional assistance, bases decisions on statements of persons involved, the examination of victim or victims, and knowledge of emergency medical practice.
- Administers prescribed first-aid treatment at site of emergency, or in specially equipped vehicle.
- Applies splints, administration of oxygen, treatment of minor wounds or abrasions, or administration of artificial resuscitation.
- Communicates with professional medical personnel at emergency treatment facilities to obtain instructions regarding further treatment and to arrange for reception of victims at treatment facilities.
- Assists treatment center admitting personnel to obtain and record information related to victims’ vital statistics and circumstances of emergency.
- Maintains vehicles and medical and communication equipment and replenishes first-aid equipment and supplies.
- May also assist in controlling crowds, protecting valuables, or performing other duties at the scene of a catastrophe.
- May assist professional medical personnel in emergency treatment administered at a medical facility.
- Other Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) duties as assigned
- High School diploma or its equivalent.
- Current BLS card. ACLS/PALS per Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) contract requirement.
- Certified/Licensed per State Requirement and/or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) contract Requirement or Proof of Certification from an approved EMT Certification Program.
- Drivers License within the state of accomplished practice.
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray
- Current Health Certificate (if applicable)
- Successful completion of screening test for the clinical specialty area(s) in which the EMT practices with a score of 80% or greater.
- Full command, verbal and written, of English Language.
- Must meet all of Maxim’s pre-employment screening requirements.
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Basic Life Support
Emergency Medical Services