Location: Cleveland, OH - Downtown
Pay Rate: $18-$20/hour (Commensurate with Experience)
Work Days/Shift: Monday-Friday, 8AM-5PM
Assignment Type: Direct Hire
Our client in Cleveland, Ohio is looking for an AP/AR Specialist for a direct hire job opportunity! The perfect candidate must be an organized and competent professional with excellent communication skills. Attention to detail and prioritization is key in this role.
The AP/AR Specialist manages cash & trust receipts, is responsible for aspects of accounts payable, including online expense reimbursement system, trust disbursements, review and input of data from credit card statements, vendor invoices received, general ledger account coding, data entry, distribution of completed checks in a timely and accurate manner. Additionally, the AP/AR Specialist will maintain Accounting Department tax/audit schedules.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Including, but not limited to the following:
- Manages cash receipts process, including wires, checks, credit cards, trust funds, reversing and allocating funds in Elite, and following up on anticipated disbursements.
- Prepares, inputs into system, cuts, distributes, and files daily client disbursement checks.
- Reviews, inputs into system, cuts, distributes, and files weekly expense reimbursement checks.
- Codes attorney expense reports and vendor distribution requests.
- Processes void and manual checks.
- Prepares manual checks for trust accounts.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts.
- Researches vendor and attorney questions regarding the payment of invoices.
- Runs accounts payable reports to balance A/P system.
- Filing of accounts payable backup.
- Compiles, enters and balances credit card charges for assigned departments.
- Prepares tax/audit schedules.
- Always communicates properly and promptly with personnel and external contacts and must exhibit a high level of customer service at all times.
- Due to the nature of your employment, various documents and information, which are of a confidential nature, will come into your possession. Such documents and information must always be kept confidential.
The AP/AR Clerk must have:
- High School Diploma and two to four years of relevant accounting experience.
- A typing speed of 60 WPM and 10-key machine by touch.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Excel.
- Possess an excellent customer service attitude.