To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Marina del Rey, CA 90292
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
General Manager, Retail Mall
JLL • Marina del Rey, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Management, Operations and Marketing
- Maintain safety, cleanliness and integrity of all areas of buildings, systems and equipment for all property users.
- Prepare team to respond in emergency and crisis situations.
- Have thorough knowledge of area market including all competitive properties and area demographics.
- Maintain an appropriate level of involvement in community affairs representing both the property’s interest and the interest of JLL.
- Enforce all tenant lease requirements.
- Manage the activities of the property’s marketing manager in conjunction with the regional marketing manager.
- Establish an effective working relationship with all department store managers and other key merchants, including specialty tenants to understand and drive sales.
- Work in conjunction with property’s leasing agent to execute new and renewal leases to meet or exceed client objectives.
- Direct activities of specialty leasing function to optimize temporary tenant and cart occupancy to maximize property revenue.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with the property’s leasing specialist to ensure budgeted leasing activity occurs.
- Negotiate all tenant rent reduction or termination requests the property’s leasing agent to ensure budgeted leasing activity occurs.
- Develop and implement an annual business plan to achieve budgeted net operating income for property.
- Manage property’s capital expenditures to budgeted levels.
- Direct the preparation and implementation of all annual financial reports including the annual budget, management plan, marketing plan, marketing budget, and annual report.
- Direct the preparation and submission to asset manager of all monthly/quarterly financial reports, forecasts and sales reports.
- Monitor the collections of all rents and execute appropriate collection process.
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the property’s asset manager.
- Function as primary point of contact to asset manager for all issues relating to the property.
- Interact frequently with property’s regional managers and leasing team to ensure consistent high quality interaction with asset management firm.
- Formally communicate as appropriate with asset manager to inform him/her of activities at the property to enhance his/her opinion of the quality of management services delivered by JLL.
- Direct and supervise the activities of all property employees.
- Develop a personnel action plan for each direct report to identify opportunities for further career development. Ensure that all supervisory employees do the same for their direct reports,
- Provide regular feedback to employees via annual performance objectives, mid-year reviews, annual reviews, and other communication mechanisms.
- Coordinate appropriate training for property personnel.
- Establish course of action for team to accomplish goals and evaluate results.
- Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A./B.S.) - Degree in Business Preferred.
Years of relevant experience
- 5 - 10 years of experience in Retail Property Management.
Skills and Knowledge
- Competency using Microsoft Office, navigating the internet, general use of personal computer.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate leadership and professionalism..
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to problem solve and provide actionable and positive feedback.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional groups.
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Real Estate License
Physical work requirements and work conditions
- Can involve standing and walking; working nights and weekends
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.