Job Description & Qualifications
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
As part of our Manufacturing team, you'll help build the world-class, state-of-the-art smart vehicles the world expects from us. Within our plants around the world, we're constantly developing new technologies and processes to further increase our efficiency. That means we're continually seeking diligent, determined performers who think outside the box to help us find better and more efficient ways to manufacture our vehicles.
What you'll be able to do:
* Lead Process and Quality engineering teams in production, staffing, procurement, and Quality of Final Department equipment
* Co-lead implementation of the Quality Operating System processes and procedures across the plant
* Lead the analysis of internal and external data to improve quality through improvement / stabilization of processes and throughout the final area
* Teach / Coach team members on how manage equipment, engineering trials, change management processes, workstation readiness as well as how to co-lead variation reduction teams
* Coordinates the resources and activities of Process Engineers to support Final Departments needs for quality improvement and equipment uptime including startup
* Monitor production to make sure that equipment/processes are capable and running. Ensure the team reacts to resolve any issues that arise
* Ensures department complies with all regulation / requirements
* Facilitate daily meetings of the Process and Quality Engineers
* Champion constraint analysis and coordinate activities to eliminate the bottlenecks
* Review/approve Preventive Maintenance activities
* Manage department Health and Safety concerns
* Own, lead, and support the Final Area Control Plans along with department M.E. Manager
The minimum requirements we seek:
* Education: High School Diploma
* Manufacturing/Technology engineering work experience
* Previous automotive and quality analysis experience
* In depth experience in assembly manufacturing processes
* Strong communication and problem-solving skills, including working knowledge of Six Sigma, BSAQ, and QLS
* Prior Quality experience
* Prior experience managing a unionized work force
* Strong working knowledge of Production Systems
* Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Experience with lean manufacturing principles & tools - 5S, Kanban, Poka-yoke, and Value Stream Mapping
* Six Sigma - DMAIC and DMADV (DFSS) Project Methodology experience
* TQM and Kaizen Methods
* FMEA, PPAP, and DOE experience
* Visual Factory Management
* Ergonomic analysis knowledge and experience
* Knowledge of constraint management theory
* Ability to interact with all employees in the organization
* Empowers others to make decisions and execute autonomously
* Displays passion for being a leader - motivating, inspiring and developing the team
* Demonstrates inclusion and values diversity
* Proven critical thinker and proactive troubleshooter to deliver industry leading quality
* Highly committed to process improvement and innovative solutions with a customer-first mindset
* Perseveres through setbacks and disappointments to drive results. Demonstrated conflict management skills.
* Strong curiosity and passionate about continuous learning
Our preferred requirements:
* Bachelors degree in Engineering / Technology preferred
What you'll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Team Manager - Quality/Process (Chicago Assembly Plant)
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
- Assembly And Installation
- Automotive Industry
- Business Process Improvement
- Change Management
- Coaching And Mentoring