Assistant Corporate Controller Job ID(Requisition ID):
4271 Job Summary
This position is not open to outside search firms or recruiters. Candidates should apply directly online for consideration.
Essential Functions and Competencies
• Participate in the management of the Company’s accounting processes and controls, including financial and SEC reporting, policy development and shared service organizations.
• Perform monthly reviews of site financials and reporting packages with the identification of variances and issues.
• Perform ongoing balance sheet reviews of site information to help assure that financials provided are in compliance with GAAP, SOX controls and Company policies.
• Management of revenue recognition process including contract review, coordination with site controllers, calculations and analysis.
• Management of lease accounting including review of contracts and maintenance of lease accounting software.
• Participate in the management of the quarterly and annual audit by outside public accounting firm.
• Identify and implement streamlined internal accounting processes and controls, including RP and other tools for process improvement.
• Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision-making purposes. Qualifications / Education / Experience
Reporting to the VP Corporate Controller, this position will help manage the technical accounting and reporting, accounting compliance and shared services activities for the Company. S/He will play a critical part in the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting cycles. Collaborates with, and advises, the site controllers on technical accounting and other matters. This position will participate in process improvement activities related to monthly closing, accounting and shared services processes. This position will also provide support to senior management including preparing ad-hoc analysis, financial presentations, and other projects as requested.
• CPA required.
• Minimum of 15 years’ experience, including public accounting and industry, with controller experience a plus.
• SEC reporting experience.
• Process and change management experience.
• Strong technical competence and business orientation.
• Excellent and effective oral and written communication skills; ability to listen and extract important information; ability to assess situations, identify audit issues and offer relevant recommendations and practical solutions.
• Ability to interact comfortably with senior and executive management.
• Exercise good judgment and maintain the confidentiality and security of sensitive or confidential matters.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution in accounting, finance, management, information systems or related field. Job Category
Corporate G&A Job Location
Tempe, AZ, USA Schedule
Day Pay Type
Salary Travel Requirement
Yes Job Type
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles