The Accountant ll will be responsible for specific tasks included in finance, which include, insurance accounting and journal entries, maintaining general ledger accounts, reconciliations and account analysis. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensure the accurate and timely recording of Insurance activity, including current intercompany activity reinsurance based entries.
- Perform account reconciliations
- Analyze complex intercompany legal documents to ensure that entries are booked according to US GAAP, along with understanding the possible impact to statutory ledgers.
- Work closely with the financial systems team to continue to maintain tables, ensuring proper eliminations within Oracle.
- Assist in preparation of month-end reports including but not limited to flux analysis with explanations
- Assists in the timely preparation of filings which include the Statutory annual statement and compliance
- Prepare Reinsurance cession statements and account positions
- Assisting in the data preparation used in the internal actuarial analysis
- Review intercompany invoices
- Support customers in the business units and foreign affiliates.
- Perform routine activities including journal entries, account reconciliations, financial statement preparation, and other month-end close activities.
- Act as liaison between internal and external teams by providing guidance, providing transaction support, handling inquires, resolving issues and communicating policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Continually evaluate the processes and systems utilized and prepare well-researched recommendations for enhancements.
- Maintain and complete an accurate set of Standard Operating Procedures for assigned processes, ensure adherence to those procedures. Review and approve SOPs maintained by the outsourced intercompany business partner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Advanced Degree preferred, CPA
- 6-8 years of experience in financial consolidation, corporate and general ledger accounting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite application.
- Proficient in Enterprise Resource Planning Software (Oracle) and Financial Reporting Software (Discoverer).
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, identify problems and propose viable solutions
- Must be flexible and have demonstrated skills to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong initiative, problem solving, and interpersonal skills, plus an orientation toward continuous improvement are required.
- Experience with International customers and relationships.
- Exhibit strong “make decisions”, “think customer” and “win consistently” behaviors.
- Strong appreciation for the importance of ensuring accuracy in all levels of financial reporting
What We Offer:
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.
- Account Analysis
- Self Motivation
- Financial Statements
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles