To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Monticello, IL 61856
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Date Entry Technician
Senior Care Pharmacy Services • Monticello, IL
Posted 18 days ago
Senior Care Pharmacy - Christian Horizons (CH) has grown from one nursing home over 50 years ago to one of the largest faith-based not-for-profits in the country with 13 communities across 4 states. The CH family of ministries also includes Senior Care Pharmacy, CareLink nurse-guided care and Safe Haven Hospice. Experience a new pathway to senior living – a future in which older adults thrive.
We offer a place to live your faith, a place to grow and be valued. As a faith-based organization, we strive to provide resident-centered, cost-effective health care programs and services to each and every resident in our community.
We are seeking a Data Entry Technician. The Data Entry Technician performs data entry of new and refill prescription orders received from centers. His/Her goal is to achieve the highest degree of accuracy possible while maintaining acceptable production quotas as determined by experience and company policy. This is done while striving to see that his/her department achieves the company’ goals of superior customer service and reimbursement for goods and services.
- Competitive Wages
- PathwayPay (daily pay) – Get your pay, when you need it.
- Generous PTO Program
- Health (Blue Cross Blue Shield), Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life (employer paid), Short & Long Term Disability, Group Accident, and Critical Illness
- 403(b) & Flex Spending
- Employee Assistant Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts and Other Perks
The Data Entry Technician interacts with the other departments in the pharmacy in an effort to produce prescriptions for dispensing technicians and pharmacists on a scheduled basis according to predetermined delivery times. In addition, he/she carries out other tasks as requested in situations where hands-on intervention /participation may be required or as requested by appropriate supervisory staff.
- The Data Entry Technician is competent in all essential tasks and meets all of the qualifications of the Fill Technician I
- Monitors DocuTrack, E-Rx and/or fax machines for incoming orders and input same into dispensing system in a timely manner.
- Identifies fax and printer malfunctions and assist in correcting problems.
- Calculates and/or verifies the correct dosage based on the prescription.
- Enters new and refill orders and discontinues orders according to client specific criteria, into appropriate center profile.
- Performs data entry of credits when applicable.
- Enters new physicians into the system. Verifying information including DEA #, NPI, correct spelling of name, address, phone, and fax.
- Manages cycle fills for all facilities and dispensing systems
- Understands all the dispensing systems used in the pharmacy and their implication for data entry.
- Maintains a basic knowledge of several types of dispensing systems in order to process correctly.
- Batches and prepares orders for multiple dispensing systems as required
- Maintains knowledge of all pharmacy labeling requirements.
- Directs all new orders and narcotic orders to the pharmacist.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the specific pharmacy area or responsibility.
- Performs data entry for set up of new facilities, compounds and IV’s.
- Provides research via computer as needed to track prescription orders.
- Completes “Refill Too Soon” procedures, as needed.
- Has basic knowledge of Medical records to assist in entering data.
- Runs “end of day” data processing for pharmacy operations.
- Courteously assists all customers, internal, and external.
- Answers telephones and provides excellent customer service on the telephone, maintaining composure when handling calls.
- Maintains pharmacy and customer records according to Senior Care policy and/or State/Federal law.
- Maintain highest level of confidentiality with customer information.
- Data entry experience, preferred.
- Pharmacy technician experience, preferred.
- Knowledge of pharmacy computer systems: Frameworks, DocuTrack, Parata preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology (including sig codes), brand and generic names of medications and general pharmacy terminology.
- Basic knowledge of insurance procedures.
- Ability and willingness to successfully complete a pharmacy certification program within one (1) year of hire if not currently certified.
- Basic math and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Typing/keyboarding skills required.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and be flexible.
- Ability to perform accurately and efficiently when inputting information.
- Communicate and interact with all operating departments within the pharmacy.
- All other duties as assigned.