Join the VCA Morris Plains Animal Hospital Team!
Are you eager to join a close-knit team that feels like family? VCA Morris Plains Animal Hospital
in Morris Plains, New Jerseyhas an immediate, full-time opening for an enthusiastic Veterinary Assistant. We are a busy, AAHA accredited, 3 doctor hospital providing care to a variety of animals ranging from dogs and cats, to birds and reptiles, to chickens and goats and even wildlife! We have a unique culture in our hospital that values each person's individual skill and personality, and we truly support your desire to grow medically. We work hard to deliver the best medical care to each patient, and we are excited to welcome a likeminded professional to the team! There's something special about you and we are excited to learn more!Why Join the VCA Morris Plains Family?
We are passionate about supporting our veterinary assistants and technicians and are committed to your continuing education and personal career development. At VCA Animal Hospitals, we are committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity and strive to be a place where a talented mix of people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We support a work environment where you can focus on your career, happiness, and the patients you serve.
Some of the benefits we offer:
Why We Want You
- Access to the people and financial resources of a large veterinary community
- Growth & leadership opportunities
- Career development programs
- Veterinary Technology degree tuition support and scholarships
- Veterinary Technician license reimbursement
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Generous hospital discounts and product discounts
- Employer-paid life, long- and short-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid parental leave
- Free mental health resources and wellness subscriptions (Headspace)
- Referral bonuses
- Competitive wage
- Opportunities to give back through strong Shelter partnerships and VCA Charities
- Full-time and Part-time positions available
As a member of the VCA team, you will help create and maintain a positive, low-stress atmosphere for our clients and patients. Your mission will be to win the confidence of every pet parent-by delivering an outstanding client experience-so we can provide exceptional care to every patient.
Whether you are a seasoned Veterinary Assistant or a Technician in training, we want you to use the knowledge that you've invested your time and talent in. The skills that will be utilized include, but are not limited to:
The salary range for this position is $17 - $22 / hour
- Compassionate patient care
- Client education and care
- Pharmacy and medication administration
- Lab sample collection and processing
- Diagnostic imaging
- Surgical preparation and assisting
- Anesthesia monitoring
- Medical recordkeeping
Ready to grow with a collaborative and supportive team? Apply now- We look forward to hearing from you!If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development).
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com.
- Health Care
- Sample Collection
- Medical Imaging
- Medication Administration