DevOps Manager II – Permanent Position
Location - 300 S Riverside Plaza, Suite 600, Chicago IL 60606
Browse the Aisles
The DevOps Manager II will lead a team of engineers in working with other groups in the company to establish DevOps oriented software development processes, set and drive automation goals, and help shape our future IT
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Grow and lead a team of DevOps engineers to work with other groups to implement DevOps-centric processes,
tooling, and best practices.
- Recognize process and knowledge gaps and act to reduce them.
- Coordinate closely with the architecture group to design, implement, maintain, and own cross-team tools and
- Develop and maintain performance goals for the team.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- 5-7 years professional experience
- In-depth configuration management experience at all levels, preferably with Chef or Saltstack.
- Heavy CI/CD pipeline implementation experience, ideally with Jenkins, Bamboo, or equivalent. Jenkins 2.0, Pipeline, and Groovy is a plus.
- Ability to guide their team and others in helping to plan, map, and implement existing processes into maintainable pipeline code.
- Deep experience with VMware. Bonus points for implementation experience with cloud solutions such as AWS or Azure.
- Deep experience in heterogeneous environments that include Windows, Solaris, GNU/Linux, and OSX systems and servers.
- Must have solid CLI skills and experience.
- In-depth Docker experience is highly desired. Candidate will be helping drive the implementation and
administration for our next-generation container orchestration platform
- Knowledge and experience planning, implementing, and supporting basic network services. Extra
points for experience implementing software-based load balancing solutions using Nginx or haproxy.
- Able to work independently with an understanding of company objectives while adhering to the spirit of best practices.
- Functions as an inspirational leader and have the willingness and capacity to mentor others.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178