Located in Green Bay, Wisconsin on the Niagara Escarpment we are seeking a well versed winemaker to develop the full winery experience. Our Winemaker will oversee the entire production process of creating wine, crushing, fermentation, aging, blending and bottling. You will combine scientific concepts with practical experience to alter a wine's chemical composition and make key decisions based on the levels of acid, sugar, sulfur and sulfite within a wine.
Our Winemaker must enjoy the creative process as well as collaborating with team members in our culinary department. Duties and Responsibilities may include;
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and participate in all aspects directly related to winemaking:
- Plan production quantities with managing partners
- Coordinate harvest day operations in the winery.
- Coordinate delivery of fruit or juice from others.
- Perform chemical analysis on wines and conduct all lab work.
- Conduct all stages of wine production including fermentations and filtrations.
- Create blends for and coordinate tastings trials.
- Coordinate bottling and labeling of wines.
- Oversee and participate in all aspects generally related to winemaking:
- Keep a safe, clean, organized production area.
- Keep state and federal records, as well as required in-house records.
- Remain up-to-date on all compliance issues related to winemaking.
- Order and maintain inventory of supplies related to winemaking.
- Maintain all winery equipment and systems.
- Work to become on-site specialist for these systems.
- Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain an already strong relationship with industry partners.
- Provide expertise on:
- Purchasing new equipment when needed.
- New winemaking practices.
- Coordinate entries to wine competitions.
- Act as brand representative.
- Treat visitors in the production area with respect.
- Work with events team to prepare the production area when needed for sales activity.
- 3-5 years' experience in winemaking, strong analytic and collaborative skills
- Chemistry knowledge, specifically in experimentation and analysis.
- Degree in Enology, viticulture or related field.
- Food Science, Beer, Wine, Spirits experience.
Beer (Acoholic Beverages)
Packaging And Labeling