GDIT is looking for a Quality Assurance Specialist who will inspect the accomplished work of the team of network engineers/operators to ensure that it is aligned with quality deliverables, work products and documentation, focuses on preventing, detecting, and correcting potential quality issues before they impact any project, tasks or operations, advocates process improvement, using lessons learned early in the project to improve both the project processes and the end products and conducts audits and reviews/analyzes data and documentation.
Description of Duties:
- Reviews change requests and artifacts for quality and compliance with standards
- Reviews MS Visio circuit and systems drawings for accuracy
- Review databases and Remedy tickets for accuracy
- Publishes circuit and system drawings after all items are certified as accurate
- Conducts spot checks, audits and inspections of communications racks to identify discrepancies
- Provides training to other resources assigned quality control duties
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two or more years’ experience in the quality control/assurance discipline
- Experience working with distributed computer systems, associated communication networks
- Experience working with networking principles and local area networks
- Experience with Microsoft products with focus on MS Excel and Visio
- Be familiar with ISO-9001 and 20000, Software Capability Maturity Model (CMM), Software Acquisition Capability Maturity Model and ITIL
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of the quality control and/or assurance disciplines
- Prior Department of State experience
- Recent training in the area of quality control and
- ITIL Intermediate certification
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Capability Maturity Model
Business Process Improvement