Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Point of Care develops, manufactures and markets critical medical diagnostic and data management products for rapid blood analysis. The i-STAT System is an advanced, portable diagnostic tool that provides real-time, lab-quality results within minutes to accelerate patient-care decision-making. The i-STAT System has the industry’s most comprehensive menu of tests in a single, with-patient platform, including tests for blood gases, electrolytes, chemistries, coagulation, hematology, glucose, and cardiac markers.
Provide best-in-class project management and execution of associated tasks of company's portfolio of products; engage with key personnel to streamline customer processes to better facilitate patient care through use of the company's solutions. Support Field sales team (i-STAT Solution Specialists) to deliver sales growth by assuming post close to Test of Record implementation responsibilities. Develop new innovative strategies to implement customer solution at an expedited rate. The Implementation Project Manager functions as a laboratory project and account manager to facilitate implementations, build the product value with existing customers to minimize declining business and support field sales during pre-close process to drive territory growth.
Core Responsibilities of the Implementation Project Manager Role:
- Facilitate project management of the Implementation and Integration of customer point of care solutions, taking full responsibility of post close responsibilities to shorten Implementation to revenue time with goal of 60 days.
- The Implementation Project Manager will serve as lead implementation resource providing effective and efficient project management of product installation and integration utilizing Implementation Best Practices. Coordinate involvement of customer, local i-STAT Solution Specialists and other resources for executing successful utilization and adoption of i-STAT products at an accelerated rate.
- Protect key base business in collaboration with field sales serving as the clinical lab resource.
- Support i-STAT Solution Specialists with the development and implementation of strategies to secure base business and reduce loss and declining business.
- Cultivate growth opportunities in targeted accounts working as the pre-close Lab technical specialist.
- Support i-STAT Solution Specialists with pre-close implementation-based activities to expand sales of company's portfolio of products in existing accounts and develop new business for targeted opportunities; engage in process of restructuring an institution’s internal processes to better facilitate patient care utilizing APOC products; make educational presentations to audiences of physicians, nurses, medical directors, departmental and hospital administration concerning the most current trends in faster therapeutic turnaround times for clinicians who require immediate diagnostic results.
The IPM will achieve these goals with an approximate focus of their time as designated by Area Director:
- 60% of their time: Implementation of New Business opportunities
- 25% of their time: Technical and Clinical expertise and support to protect base business and stop loss and decline
- 15% of their time: Technical and Clinical expertise and pre-close sales support expansion of base business
Tasks, duties, responsibilities and expectations include:
- Improve implementation efficiencies resulting in decreased implementation timelines of large volume, high priority and/or highly complex implementations;
- Develop and execute implementation strategies; utilize available resources effectively; lead and/or participate on cross-functional teams;
- Develops and directs the execution of practices, projects, programs and initiatives designed to maximize cartridge utilization
- Develops strategies and directs resources necessary to deliver superior front-line customer support to the satisfaction of customers to ensure positive impact on future sales and growth
- Understand key customer needs and articulate benefits of POCT at all levels
- Maintain consistent momentum with multiple products and across multiple implementations and sales cycles
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of key product attributes and product demonstrations; product field expert
- Cultivate relationships with key internal and external customer stakeholders
- Ensure that all administrative tasks are completed promptly and accurately;
- Mentor / train new staff; serve as lead Implementation Personnel and peer leader within the commercial organization
- Travel up to 75% of the time to support business goals
- Understand and comply with applicable EHS policies, procedures and guidelines
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the Quality System
- Adhere to and promote Abbott Code of Business Conduct
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; Associate's degree acceptable with comparable and relevant experience
- 1 year of experience in the healthcare industry
- Willing and able to travel by all means of transportation (including overnight travel) up to 75% of the time to support business goals
- Demonstrated ability to implement successful project from start to finish
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Medical Technology, Nursing, Respiratory Therapy or a related medical field of study;
- Requires 3+ years of working in the healthcare field with 1+ year in a clinical hospital position
- 3 years of project management experience and/or demonstrated leadership role
- Ability to influence and lead both with and without direct authority.
- Ability to clearly, concisely and accurately convey communications.
- Ability to confidently speak in public and lead training groups
- Ability to form and develop long-term strategic and professional relationships; display socially and professionally appropriate behavior.
- Ability to work independently and in groups
- Demonstrated leadership skills, initiative, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong organization, time, and project management skills
- Background of superior customer service by managing key relationships with facility stakeholders
- Complex Problem Solving
- Customer Service
- Health Care