Job DetailsBasic Job Functions:
Division: Nucor Building Systems Indiana
Location: Waterloo, IN, United States
Other Available Locations: N/A
We are seeking a self-motivated, highly technical person who enjoys learning new technologies, can think outside the box, and understand impacts at an enterprise level. We are looking for someone who can take ownership of what they create and hold others accountable to the same high standards; with the goal of high quality work that adds value for NBG's long term strategy.
Our teams are cross-functional, self-organizing, and highly autonomous. You will be working on an agile team with other teammates in order to fulfill the needs of all NBG divisions. You will participate in supplied training sessions, peer reviews and mentoring to foster constant learning and growth. You will be provided with opportunities for attending professional conferences and community events, such as the annual North American Structural Steel Conference. You may be assigned to industry and standards development committees at the direction of your Supervisor.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US. Nucor is not providing a sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Candidates must also be willing and have the ability to travel infrequently for meetings with/for users, teammates, and training a few times a year. Location of the position is in Waterloo, Indiana.
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times. Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering with a focus in structural steel design.
- Eligible for examination as Professional Engineer or Structural Engineer (P.E., S.E.).
- Professional Registration as a Civil or Structural Engineer (P.E., S.E., P. Eng.).
- Five years structural design experience in the pre-engineered metal buildings industry.
- Ten years total structural design experience is preferred.
- Willingness to participate in jobsite visits as needed.
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server for source control and team collaboration.
- Experience working within the principles of Scrum or other agile development practice.
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vets - and a drug - free workplace
Nucor Corporation is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.