Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Road Technician (Pump and Power Road)
Are you seeking an entrepreneurial, empowering workplace that allows you to:
* Develop a career track
* Leverage your current skills in a challenging role
* Work with an incredible team of people
Sunbelt Rentals--the fastest growing rental business in North America--is seeking a Pump and Power Road Technician 2.
The Pump and Power Road Technician 2 troubleshoots and diagnoses complex mechanical and electrical equipment problems, performs advanced/complex repair on all types of equipment and scopes customers' needs and provides solutions. May lead and train other team members in repairing equipment in the absence of a Shop Foreman or Service Manager.
Education or experience that prepares you for success:
* 5-7 years of experience with repairing and maintaining Pump & Power equipment
* Must have a valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
* DOT Physical Examination (Medical card)
* EPA section 608 universal Certification required
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities you may rely on:
* Advanced understanding and repair of mechanical, electrical and diesel equipment, generators, HVAC and air compressors
* Advanced understanding of refrigeration (EPA Certified)
* Mastery of load bank repairs
* Advanced understanding of electrical engines and controllers
* Advanced operation of dehumidification equipment from CDI and munters
* Experience with and comprehension of VFDs, VSDs, soft starts, and "across the line" motor starting preferred
* Some factory diesel, generator, compressor, HVAC training
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 25 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with applicable laws. Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected class.
The following is a sample (but not exhaustive) list of the MOS, AFSC, and NEC Codes that may have transferrable skill sets that apply to this role: 001030 001085 001140 002068 1391 2F011 2F031 2F051 2F071 301 3374 3601 3E412 3E432 3E452 4140 4142 4143 4145 4149 4151 4222 4225 4226 4227 4229 4231 4233 4234 4237 4253 4291 4307 4308 4314 4316 4324 4355 4366 4509 4604 52X 63J 7022 70F9 7601 7606 7612 7613 7614 7615 7616 7617 77F 91A 91D 91E 91J 91L 91P 91X 92F 9559 9594 95AB ABE ABF AS EM EN FC GSE GSM MM MM(NUC) MR
Related experience may include: Construction Equipment Mechanic, Equipment Mechanic, Equipment Technician, Field Mechanic, Field Service Technician, Field Technician, Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Heavy Equipment Technician, Mechanic, Mobile Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Lubricator, Machine Repairer, Maintainer, Maintenance Electrician, Maintenance Man, Maintenance Mechanic, Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Worker, Oiler, Overhauler
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.
- Compressed Air
- Electrical Installation Work
- Field Service Management
- Heavy Equipment