To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Emeryville, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Certified Medication Aide
Maxim Healthcare Services • Emeryville, CA
Posted 3 days ago
Maxim Healthcare Services is hiring for Certified Medication Aides to perform duties as delegated by a Licensed Nurse.
- Administers and accurately records the administration of medications for patients as prescribed by the physician. This includes liquid medications, eye drops and ointments, ear drops, topical medications, and various types of injections.
- Obtains, records and reports patient vital signs as indicate during the administration of medications
- Observes records and reports any symptoms and conditions of the patients' that could be related to medication reactions, adverse drug reactions or medication side effects.
- Seeks clarification on any medication orders that are unclear or incomplete.
- Stores medications in a safe and accurate manner in accordance with the policies and procedures of the facility/client.
- Adheres to all federal/state regulations regarding the safe storage and handling of medications.
- Maintain complete and accurate medical records in compliance with the rules and regulation of all regulatory agencies
- Routinely inspects, cleans and monitors equipment and supplies to ensure patient safety. Reports all equipment or supply issues to the appropriate site supervisor
- Demonstrates awareness of proper infection control practice by using Universal Precautions
- May assist with general clerical duties.
- Reports all patient and work place incidents immediately to Maxim
- Adheres to all Maxim and worksite rules, policies and procedures
- Other Certified Medication Aide duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent, strongly preferred
- Successful completion of course work necessary to obtain certification as a Certified Medication Aide preferred.
- Valid Certified Medication Aide state certification or license if required
- One (1) one year experience as a medication aide preferred
- Knowledge of safe medication administration
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule that may include day, evening and night shifts.
- Understand patient confidentiality and HIPAA requirements
- Current BLS card.
- Successfully pass all Maxim screening exams with a score of 80% or greater.
- Must meet Maxim's pre-employment screening requirements.
- Current physical exam, if required by state regulations or Certified Medication Aide contract specifications.
- Current TB test or chest x-ray.
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
"Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Initiative, Maxim Healthcare will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records"