To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Melbourne, FL 32935
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
DRS Technologies Inc • Melbourne, FL
Posted 1 month ago
Job Location - Melbourne, FL
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. Leonardo DRS is committed to being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse, effective, and productive workforce.
For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.LeonardoDRS.com.
Develop precision opto-mechanical components and products. Examples include optical assemblies, IR & visible sights and electronics packaging for military applications. Working as a member of a project team, the Mechanical Engineer will design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software to develop new or improved products
- Evaluate and recommend design approaches to meet performance requirements for new or improved products.
- Investigate solutions to product or process problems.
- Develop prototypes to retire key development risks
- Collaborate with other Design Engineering disciplines on product development.
- Participate in peer reviews and formal design reviews.
- Create and release engineering drawings and documents using PLM systems
- Participate in preparation of proposals
- Support testing of products.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering is required.
- 0-3 years of experience in mechanical design
- 3D CAD experience, Pro-e/Creo preferred
- Good communication skills
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Work effectively as a member of a team
- Ability to meet aggressive timelines
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to decipher highly technical data
- Ability to multi-task in an evolving project environment
Additional Desirable Qualifications and Skills
- Understanding of GD&T principles
- Casting and injection molding experience
- Structural and Thermal FEA experience
Citizenship and Security
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must currently possess or be able to obtain a security clearance.