Job ID: 52755
Systems Engineering Position Description:
- This position would support evaluating and engineering IBM:InfoSphere/DataStage products for use in our enterprise data centers.
- Developing DataStage installation and support guides that are consistent with our IT security policy.
- Providing third level support regarding DataStage product related issues.
- Developing new tools and processes to ensure effective use of DataStage product.
- The position will also be responsible for administrating and maintaining a DataStage shared environment.
- This includes:
- Designing and sizing the environment.
- Installing patches when required.
- Monitoring and analyzing the audit usage data to ensure the optimal usage and efficient performance of the infrastructure.
- The position will work with the application administrators and development teams to ensure the shared environment resources are optimally utilized.
- Provide infrastructure operations support and administration of the 11.5 and 11.7 DataStage environments.
- This includes setting up and testing new installations of DataStage, QualityStage and Information analyzer.
- Engineer and Install/upgrade Information Server product suite.
- Post install Configuration, various data sources configuration for the plug-ins, connectors as well as ODBC configurations.
- Document Runbooks for the installs, Disaster Recovery plans etc...
- Stop/start services, monitor logs, setting up Security, assigning roles, project permissions, Create/Delete projects, create/modify environmental parameters etc.
- Monitor the InfoSphere suite (Data Stage/Quality Stage) servers.
- Kill/assist release job locks, shared memory locks, hung processes etc...
- Apply fixes, patches and service packs as required.
- Ensure infrastructure and application stability through preventative maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting, and implementing long term solutions.
- Capacity planning for new projects in the shared environment.
- Liaises with product vendors and technical specialists to resolve issues.
- Support and troubleshoot production incidents/problems, optimizing performance.
- Provide technical expertise and development support for the ETL development team.
- Good understanding of ETL Best Practices in design and implementation.
- OnSite resource (Dearborn, MI) required due to frequent interaction with other engineering, operations and development teams based in ITHQ, iTek, FMCC, WPE/W.
- Occasional weekend and after-hours work required to implement software upgrades.
- This is intended as a long-term engagement.
- Required: High school diploma with some post-high school training in a computer-related technical discipline.
- Nice to have: Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field or equivalent experience.
At Fast Switch, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Isn't that cool? Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve, and have a little fun along the way.
We at Fast Switch have been doing this for 22 years. We're doing business in almost half the states in the union with offices in Detroit, MI, Columbus, OH, New York, Hartford, CT, Massachusetts, Minneapolis, MN, Los Angeles, CA, San Francisco, CA, and Tucson, AZ.
We're a financially strong, privately-held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things, and we do them for Fortune 10 companies, Inc. 500 companies, and technology start-ups. We also have a strong belief in giving back to the communities we serve.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefits options you can choose just the benefits that you need or want, options include:
* Medical and Dental (Fast Switch pays majority of the medical program)
* Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
* Long Term Disability (100% paid)
* Life Insurance (100% paid)
* 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
In 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, Fast Switch was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press and one of the Best Staffing Firms in 2016 and 2017. We have won the Columbus Business First "Fast 50" award 9 times in 12 years because of our strong growth which translates into more and better opportunities for our consulting staff members.
Ranked '#1' supplier by over 50% of our customers nationally.
Ranked 'Top 3' supplier by over 75% of our customers nationally.
To view all of our open positions, please go to: URL blocked - click to apply and at the bottom of the page click Job Portal, or get there directly at: URL blocked - click to apply
You can also follow us on Twitter at: URL blocked - click to apply
And you can become a fan of Fast Switch on Facebook at: URL blocked - click to apply