Location Name: ,
Location Address: , , , ,
Relevant Experience Level:
Refining: This position directly supervises a customer-focused department comprised of employees that provide Supply Chain support to MPC Refining. Support provided include developing purchasing and commercial strategies; contracting strategies supervising day-to-day procurement and warehousing activities including disposal of surplus and idle equipment. The department is usually comprised of 1-3 direct reports. The department oversees an annual discretionary spend of $100 - $250 million.
- Supervises the purchasing, contracts and materials management activities for MPC’s corporate support organizations. Interacts with corporate and business partners (stakeholders) , suppliers and contractors to maximize procurement and commercial opportunities and assure continuous cost and performance improvement and measurement of MPC purchasing, contracts and materials management functions.
- Maintains a high proficiency and knowledge of commercial skills, processes, strategies and technologies to supervise Supply Chain functions and provides mentoring, direction and performance feedback/review to assigned personnel.
- Maintains a strong working relationship with internal stakeholder’s ’ management and Corporate Supply Chain to ensure that short- and long-term goals, strategies and initiatives are aligned, communicated and implemented.
- Interacts and negotiates with executive and senior management of suppliers and contractors to ensure that commercial initiatives, strategies, programs and contracts for the corporate support organizations are fully developed, communicated, implemented and maintained for key spend areas.
- Implements and promotes procedures for MPC’s Supplier Diversity Program. Responsible for expenditure awareness and monitoring to enhance opportunities for Minority and Woman-owned Business Enterprises (MWBE’s).
- Leads and participates in the, development, implementation, and effective use of systems and processes to provide continuous improvement to activities associated with procurement, contracts, and materials management.
- Leads, coordinates and/or participates in the pursuit and prioritization of cost, performance and process efficiencies and opportunities by leveraging related spend areas, working capital, resources and related processes throughout MPC Establishes and maintains positive and productive relationships with MPC’s strategic and critical suppliers and contractors. Negotiates, implements and participates in the management of various key supplier alliances, contracts, programs and relationships.
- Reviews and understands MPC key performance metrics and targets, and develops complimentary metrics and benchmarks that represent the performance of the Supply Chain department
- Provides assistance to the Corporate Supply Chain organization with procurement improvement analyses, audit compliance, metrics evaluation, personnel recruitment, related corporate policies and general Supply Chain procedures.
- Interacts with and presents recommendations to client organization management to ensure that initiatives, strategies, priorities, commercial programs and contracts are fully developed, communicated, implemented and maintained for key spend areas.
- Participates in industry and academic committees, councils, forums and professional organizations relating to the purchasing and materials management profession and functions. Interacts and develops relationships with Purchasing related supervisors from other companies and contract services to remain current on related strategies, trends, practices, processes, and tools.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business or Engineering is Required
- This position requires 4 – 10 years of experience
- ISM Certification or MBA preferred
- Manufacturing experience in petrochemical or refining
- ERP System knowledge in SAP and /or Ariba
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation's largest refining system with more than 3 million barrels per day of crude oil capacity across 16 refineries. MPC's marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon brand retail outlets. Speedway LLC, an MPC subsidiary, owns and operates retail convenience stores across the United States. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interests in two midstream companies, MPLX LP and Andeavor Logistics LP, which own and operate gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, URL blocked - click to apply.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at Email blocked - click to apply. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in URL blocked - click to apply. Right to Work Statement URL blocked - click to apply or URL blocked - click to apply.
Coaching And Mentoring