To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Anaheim, CA 92801
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Customer Service Representative
Kuehne + Nagel • Anaheim, CA
Posted 11 days ago
Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is the primary contact for any customer. The CSR is responsible for intercepting faxed orders, keying orders in to system, conducting follow-up phone calls to requestors. The CSR is responsible for all communication between the various departments within the company and it’s customers and, therefore must exercise the highest quality of phone etiquette. This position requires a high degree of quantifiable and qualifiable results with regard to accurate, complete and timely response to internal and external Distribution Center reporting.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Processes orders for material or merchandise received by mail, fax, e-mail, EDI or telephone from customer or company employee.
• Compiles, sorts and verifies accuracy of data to be entered.
• Examines records such as bills, computer printouts, bills of lading and related documents and correspondence and informs customer of unit prices, shipping dates, anticipated delays and any additional information needed by customer using mail, e-mail or telephone.
• Enters order into automated system and computes total cost for customer. Records or files copy of orders received as requested.
• Confers with warehouse, or common carrier personnel to expedite or trace missing or delayed shipments.
• Compiles statistics and prepares various reports for management.
• Investigates overdue and damaged shipments or shortages in shipments for customers and/or common carriers.
• Analyzes complaints concerning billing or service rendered, referring complaints of service failures to designated departments for investigation, updating customers on a timely basis.
• Provides back up support for all accounts other than primary.
Your skills and experience
• Knowledge of Windows-based order entry system
• A minimum of 2 (two) years experience in customer service
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
• Experience with AS400 or any Warehouse Management System (WMS) experience is highly desired
• Exercises initiative in following up on pending issues and orders
• Ability to effectively solve problems
• Ability to establish priorities and multi task
Must have intermediate to advance knowledge of Excel spreadsheets
Good reasons to join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
Kuehne + Nagel Inc - New York - Head Office
10 Exchange Place
Jersey City, NJ 07302-3920
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com
Learn more >>
Reference Number: req41972
Kuehne + Nagel Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, uniform service, protected veteran status or disability, or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law with respect to employment opportunities.