You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Provider Reimbursement Coordinator
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
The Provider Reimbursement Representative is responsible for activities associated with developing programs, policies, and strategies to ensure that contracted rates and reimbursement policies are applied accurately. The Provider Reimbursement Representatives support those who analyze claims, pre and post payment, to ensure contracts and reimbursement policies and procedures are priced accurately and assist company with initial deployment and ongoing support of systems and processes to leverage national network rates and policies. Other responsibilities may include involvement with fee schedule and contract template maintenance.
If you reside in Dallas or Fort Worth, TX, you will enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Capable of maintaining production set by the department and meeting established turnaround times
- Plan, prioritize, organize, and complete work to meet established objectives
- Transfer data from multiple systems into a single system
- Verify data by comparing it to source documents
- Knowledgeable with Repricing systems and develop basic skills in the Repricing area
- Must be able to key a minimum of 17 claims per hour and 136 claims per day.
- Ability to act as a technical resource to others in assessing contracts and applying appropriate rates
- Comfortable learning new technology
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good time – management skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Apply knowledge/skills to a range of complex activities
- Demonstrate depth of knowledge/skills in assessing contracts and applying appropriate rates
- Solve complex problems on own
- Collaborate with team to solve complex problems
- Independently manage time and tasks
- Coordinate work of other team members when necessary
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher) OR 4+ years of experience in data entry
- 2+ years of experience in data entry
- 2+ years of experience in the health industry
- 1+ year of experience with CPT, HCPCS, Revenue codes
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel (sort & filter data) and Microsoft Word (create & edit documents)
- Ability to start shift between 6:30 am – 8:00 am, working 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday
- Ability to travel into the office at 1311 W. President George Bush Hwy, Richardson, TX 75080 as needed for training purposes
- Experience communicating regularly with external customers
- Ability to communicate effectively with external parties, both verbal and written
- Ability to document issues and recommend solutions effectively, both verbal and written
- Strong Interpersonal skills: ability or desire to learn how to run small group meetings
- Strong business, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment with pressure based on project deadlines
- Experience with repricing and NDB
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Work with a Fortune 5 organization that’s serving millions of people as we transform health care with bold ideas. Bring your energy for driving change for the better. Help us improve health access and outcomes for everyone, as we work to advance health equity, connecting people with the care they need to feel their best. As an industry leader, our commitment to improving lives is second to none.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Attention To Detail
- Claim Processing
- Contract Management
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2159169
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.