Join MMA Private Client Services - National team as an Associate Placement Specialist with in our Excess and Surplus Lines team - FLEXIBLE on LOCATION. The Associate Placement Specialists are responsible for the accurate and timely quoting of non-admitted quoting through the excess and surplus lines market. This is an exciting opportunity that can provide and interested and motivated individual with skill sets for professional growth and advancement.
What can you expect?
- You will receive on the job, computer based and training to become successful in this role.
- Work alongside senior level highly experienced colleagues to gain experience and skill sets for professional growth.
- This position is critical to successfully support a high volume of excess and surplus lines risks.
What is in it for you?
- A company with a strong brand and strong results to match
- Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued partnership with HR from the business.
- Employee Resource Groups, which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations.
- Competitive pay (salary and performance bonus potential), Full benefits package – starting day one (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, generous 401k match).
- Flexible work opportunities for work/life balance
- Tuition Reimbursement plan per year and participation in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan
We will count on you to:
- Upon receiving daily allocation of work, prioritizes based on the time sensitivity of the requests and then determines the appropriate actions to be taken.
- Reviews client exposure, loss experience and current coverages and recommends appropriate excess and surplus lines products.
- Gathers risk details from various resources related to the excess and surplus lines risk.
- Submits excess and surplus lines risks to viable insurance carriers and wholesalers to provide the most comprehensive coverage best suited to the client’s needs.
- Conforms to all laws, regulations and requirements governing the excess and surplus lines insurance industry.
- Complies with all requirements imposed by each states surplus lines offices included but not limited to completing affidavits, diligent, pre and post binding notices, and state file auditing.
- Creates renewal proposals for existing clients.
- Utilizes the (TAM) Applied system in an accurate and timely manner to enter and maintain all pertinent account information.
- Ensures that all regulatory requirements are met and complies with all internal policies and procedures.
- Escalates emerging issues to the Supervisor or Manager as appropriate.
- Follows up on all personal open activities within the Agency Management System to ensure they are completed.
- Maintains up-to-date workflow documentation and ensures workflows are adhered to when processing individual assigned work.
- Remain current on excess and surplus lines trends including by not limited to market products, conditions, and contractual changes
What you need to have:
- High School diploma
- 1 -2+ years of professional work experience, office experience with computer based work preferred
- Property & Casualty (P&C) License
- Proficiency use of MS Office tools i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with clients and internal customers
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills to handle multiple tasks
- Strong attention to detail when review risk details
- Ability to adhere to policies, practices & procedures
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
What makes you stand out?
- Strong MS Office skills
- Ability to prioritize to meet deadlines
- P&C License required
- Previous experience with working with Excess and Surplus Lines insurance products
- Previous experience with The Agency Management System (TAM) or similar system preferred.
The National US average range for this role is $55,380 to $113230. The base pay offered will be determined on factors such as experience, skills, training, location, certifications & education. We do not anticipate candidates hired into this role would immediately earn a salary at or near the top end of the range however, such a decision will be dependent on a case by case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
We are excited to offer a competitive total rewards package which includes: health and welfare benefits, tuition assistance, 401K savings and other retirement programs as well as employee assistance programs.
If you are interested in submitting your application for this opportunity, click apply and follow the steps outlined on each page. Over the course of the application, you will be asked upload a resume, provide some additional information about your work experience and answer some optional demographic questions. If you are a good fit for one of our opportunities, someone from the Marsh & McLennan Talent Acquisition team will be in touch to discuss next steps.
Marsh McLennan Agency (MMA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle market companies in the United States through four primary business lines: Business Insurance, Employee Health & Benefits, Private Client Services (PCS) and Retirement Services. MMA has over 8,000 employees in nearly 120 locations, with access to broad resources and solutions across all of its sister companies under the MarshMcLennan (MMC) parent company banner. Sister companies include Marsh, Mercer, Oliver Wyman and Guy Carpenter amongst others.
Private Client Services – National is part of a broader MMA PCS platform that includes a national footprint of over 100 local offices and a team of more than 850 experienced professionals. PCS - National, previously known as Marsh PCS, is a pioneer in the high net worth insurance space. Established as a dedicated practice of Marsh in 1980, PCS is a rapidly growing 330+ colleague organization under Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA). The leader of PCS – National serves as the overall Practice Leader for MMA PCS as well.
Today, we hold the largest share of premium in the high net worth personal lines insurance market space yet we are far from satisfied. In fact, we have the growth mindset and agility of a start-up and are seeking to add to our industry leading team. If you are talented, smart and driven and looking to join a team that values creativity, diversity and imagining the art of the possible, come check us out. We are determined to redefine the colleague and client experience in the HNW space as we leap into the future. Come help us Make Extraordinary Possible!
Your goals. Your ambitions. Your definition of success. At MMA, we believe nothing should stand in your way of making these a reality. As an MMA colleague, you’ll get personal and professional development opportunities, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining high levels of colleague engagement.
As a part of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in risk, strategy, and people, MMA colleagues are part of a network of resources and expertise that sets our organization apart from the competition.
- Attention To Detail
- Customer Service
- Hardworking And Dedicated