**$5,000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates**
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
In this Field Health & Social Service Clinical Coordinator role, you will be an essential element of an Integrated Care Model by relaying the pertinent information about the member needs and advocating for the best possible care available, and ensuring they have the right services to meet their needs.
If you are located in Westchester or any of the Five Boroughs in NY, and willing to travel 20-25% of the time you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Serve as primary care manager for members with complex medical/behavioral needs
- Engage members face to face and/or telephonically to complete a comprehensive needs assessment, including assessment of medical, functional, cultural and socioeconomic (SDOH) domains
- Develop and implement person centered care plans to address needs including management of chronic health conditions, health promotion and wellness, social determinants of health, medication management and member safety in alignment with evidence-based guidelines
- Identify gaps or barriers in treatment plans
- Partner and collaborate with internal care team, providers, community resources/partners and leverage expertise to implement care plan
- Coordinate care for members and services as needed (home health, DME, etc.)
- Provide education and coaching to support Member self-management of care needs in alignment with evidence-based guidelines; HEDIS/STAR gap closure
- Provide psycho-education regarding conditions, medications/ medication adherence, provider/ treatment options, healthcare system utilization
- Help identify presence or exacerbation of behavioral health symptoms that may be influencing / impacting physical health
- Provide guidance / consultation to other team members regarding physical/behavioral health conditions, best practice and evidence
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted NY RN license
- 4+ years of relevant clinical work experience
- 3+ years of experience managing needs of complex populations (eg. Medicare, Medicaid)
- 1+ years of relevant community case management experience coordinating care for individuals with complex needs
- Experience working directly with individuals with behavioral health conditions (mental health / substance use disorders)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid benefits
- Ability to navigate a Windows environment, utilize Outlook, and the ability to create, edit, save and send documents utilizing Microsoft Word
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor's Degree
- Demonstrated experience / additional training or certifications in Motivational Interviewing, Stages of Change, Trauma-Informed Care, Person-Centered Care
- Experience working in managed care
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.