To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Donaldsonville, LA 70346
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
CF Industries • Donaldsonville, LA
Posted 27 days ago
CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
Department:AH0164AB Maintenance, Exempt
Job Summary:The expectation of this responsibility is to effectively manage Turnaround execution at the Donaldsonville Nitrogen Complex which includes all Product Producing Facilities (i.e., Ammonia, Urea, Nitric Acid, UAN, DEF and Gas Recovery Units etc.). The Superintendent, on average, will manage the execution of three turnarounds annually while maintaining individual turnaround budgets and schedule durations within expectations. The effort requires upholding CFI’s High Safety Performance while maintaining high craft quality performance and productivity.
- Turnaround Team which includes CF Turnaround Planners, Contract Turnaround Planners and Scheduler, and facility departmental support (e.g., Operations, Engineering, Environmental, Safety etc). Additionally, the Superintendent is directly responsible for contract personnel per turnaround.
- Cost estimate, schedule development and cost control/execution for the total turnaround effort which could average in excess of $20MM per turnaround annually.
- Budget forecast and turnaround duration development for turnarounds scheduled to occur in upcoming budget year.
- Turnaround execution schedule which will occur in current budget year and pre-turnaround planning scheduled to occur in the following budget year.
- Individual turnaround scope development.
- Maintenance scope (e.g., PMs, equipment reliability correction etc.)
- Process Engineering scope (e.g., catalyst, equipment efficiency correction etc.)
- Mechanical Integrity inspection scope
- Capital Project scope
- Turnaround resource development.
- Support equipment (e.g., lift, mobile and storage equipment etc.)
- Tooling and consumables
- Specialty contractor support (e.g., welding, rotating machinery etc.)
- Turnaround bill of material development and availability.
- Turnaround budget development, based on finalized scope.
- Schedule duration development, based on finalized scope.
- Pre-turnaround, turnaround and post-turnaround execution.
- Assess pre-turnaround execution and adjust resources as necessary to maintain budget and schedule.
- Assess turnaround execution and adjust resources as necessary to maintain budget and schedule.
- Assess post-turnaround execution and adjust resources as necessary to maintain budget and schedule.
- Individual turnaround scope development.
- Post-turnaround review. - Assess actual turnaround execution cost and duration and refine Turnaround Model by incorporating findings.
- Personnel to establish high expectations of Safety, Quality and Productivity from the Turnaround Team.
- Personnel to assure talent is utilized to maximize employees’ ability.
- Personnel to develop and expand employee skillset for potential promotion opportunities.
Maintain communication with senior management regarding adjustments to turnaround schedule and budgets.
Maintain Departmental key performance indicators (KPIs) in support of site-wide goals including safety, regulatory compliance, and schedule and cost management.
Ensures that established processes/procedures are followed as they are designed. Work with Internal Controls Department to identify deficiencies in existing processes/procedures, the need for new ones, and the extent to which such processes/procedures are being followed. Develop and implement corrective actions with regard to department internal controls as necessary.
Successful candidates will have:
- BS Construction Management, BS Engineering or Verified Turnaround Management Experience.
- Ten plus years of chemical, petrochemical plant experience required.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) required. Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with personnel of all backgrounds.
- Strong management skills required, including team leading, decision making, prioritizing and technical skills required.
- Capable of acquiring, maintaining and possessing a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
- The ability to prove drug and alcohol free at random or for cause.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at email@example.com.