Date Originated: April 1st
Location: Flagstaff, Arizona
Reports To: Service Manager
Summary: This position is the primary point of contact for all automotive service and repair matters, listens to and thoroughly understands customer problem, arranges for an appropriate automotive service visit, and sets/manages expectations on the part of the customer and the technician(s) in terms of service delivery.
Essential Job Functions (Duties and Responsibilities): The primary duties consist of, but are not limited to the following.
- Meet/greet customers in person or on phone
- Arrange prompt and accurate diagnosis of reported automotive related problem
- Make best-value repair recommendations based upon nature of the problem
- Manage delivery of required vehicle repair by successfully setting and managing customer expectations
- Maintain documentation, including PO, invoices, work orders, reports,etc.
- Enforce / follow organizational safety standards
- Ensure appropriate parts are obtained for required vehicle repairs
- Promote / showcase the repair facility
- Take ownership and accept accountability for delivering outstanding service levels
- Must have the ability to report for work on time, follow directions, interact effectively with co-workers, understand and follow rules and procedures and accept constructive criticism.
- Performs other duties as required, or assigned by management.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education – High school diploma or equivalent plus 1 year of equivalent/relevant work experience
- Must be able to work extended hours, evenings, holidays and weekends.
- Must demonstrate the ability to read, write and communicate the English language.
- Valid Driver’s License and proof of insurance are required.
- Must have a clean driving record and be able to pass an MVR and background check.
Physical & Mental Demands: The following physical and mental demands consist of, but are not limited to the following.
- Must be able to work in a sitting position for extended periods of time (at desk, while driving, and/or on travel) in an office/industrial environment
- Manual dexterity to perform data entry functions
- Ability to bend, pull, stoop and reach to perform functions
- Ability to lift 25-30 lbs.
- May be exposed to heat, fumes, noise, and humidity, etc.
- Must have the cognitive and mental capacity to perform essential job functions
- Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Visual acuity to read documents, computer screens, files, etc.
- Ability to hear in person and via phone
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of the work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, the job description does not constitute a written or implied contract for employment. Martin Automotive Group/Flagstaff Buick GMC reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Martin Automotive Group/Flagstaff Buick GMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Approved By: ___________________________________ Date: _____________________
Reviewed By Employee & Manager:
Name / Position
Implement Sale Strategy
Address Prospective Client
Create Sale Plan
Cultivating Long Term Relationships