Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
ABOUT ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS
Diagnostic testing is a compass, providing information that helps in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of a range of health conditions.
Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools give you accurate, timely information to better manage your health. We’re empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott’s diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people.
Our location in Lake Forest, IL currently has an opportunity for a Principal Molding Process Technology Engineer. This team member will be responsible for the molding activities to attain strategic engineering objectives and ensures compliance with safety regulations, policies and procedures. The Principal Molding Process Technology Engineer is responsible for design, development, implementation and ongoing support of plastic molded components and assemblies that support Abbott's diagnostic instruments. This Engineer serves as both a technical expert as well as a project manager for molding engineering. He/she will work regularly with R&D, operations, supply chain, quality and suppliers as well as manage molded commodities over the life cycle including tactical and strategic activities to support ongoing projects such as product, process, quality and cost improvement initiatives, supplier and resin changes. This Engineer will troubleshoot molding issues in conjunction with supplier and lead/support internal investigations as needed and work closely with molding suppliers to build robust processes and ensure reliable supply of parts. Managing measurement system analysis, design control and executing equipment validation, FMEA, Design of Experiments (DOEs). Identify critical dimensions and work with supplier to ensure proper process controls are in place.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Implement best practices for molding engineering processes
- Lead new mold testing and sampling, DOEs, material sampling, engineering changes, etc.
- Drive Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) at equipment manufacturers for acceptance per ADD URS and mold build standards
- Establish and scientifically develop a robust molding process window by applying Scientific/Decoupled Molding methodologies and utilizing design of experiment (DOE) tools and software.
- Full understanding and development of the relationship between key process input variables (KPIVs) and key process output variables (KPOVs) for plastics components throughout the value stream
- Specify all molding cell equipment including EoAT, machine side automation, etc.
- Lead molding projects from initiation to close-out and act as the project engineer for the assigned projects and tasks
- Read, challenge, develop and maintain a working knowledge of Quality Procedures and Work Instructions
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to quality system through creation and update of specifications.
- Provides technical process support to other engineers within the group and mentor and develop junior associates
- Must have proven ability to participate in team atmosphere, exhibit and create a sense of urgency and maintain effective working relationships with peers, customers and vendors.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- B.S. Engineering or equivalent plus progressive technical experience and demonstrated competence.
- Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting IVDs and Biologics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering or technical discipline such as Plastics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, industrial Engineering, etc.
- 7+ years of technical work experience in the plastic injection and/or blow molding industry, preferably in the medical device industry.
- Knowledge of plastics processes, resins, tooling required.
- Knowledge of FDA QSR's and ISO requirements preferred.
- RJG Master Molder Certification preferred
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Principal Molding Process Technology Engineer
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Principal Molding Process Technology Engineer, on Facebook at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Principal Molding Process Technology Engineer and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.