An Equipment Operator, for the purposes of this position, is defined as a person with the skill, experience, and certifications necessary to operate various equipment in the support of concrete crews. Examples of typical equipment operated will be a skid steer, backhoe, mini-excavator, loader, trencher, etc.
- Operate the aforementioned equipment as needed in support of concrete crew activities across the Front Range on various Federal installations and facilities.
- Will be expected to assist crews to the extent possible when there is machine downtime.
- Experience with fine grade, compaction, concrete demolition, etc.
- Experience in the survey, lay-out, measuring, planning and execution of work activities a plus.
- Experience in maintenance and upkeep of equipment a plus.
URL blocked - click to applyURL blocked - click to applyURL blocked - click to applyURL blocked - click to applyURL blocked - click to applySupervisory Responsibilities:
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Construction experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The ability to drive will be required.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude towards work and the team.
- Ability to operate skid steer, backhoe, mini-excavator, loader, trencher, etc.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid Class A or B CDL with acceptable driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to stand, walk, sit, kneel, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate vehicles and some equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds for 50 feet. Job requires the ability to perform tasks on all areas and aspect of a construction project. Must be able to climb ladders for heights up to 60 feet and crawl for distances of 50 feet.
Work is regularly performed outdoors in all types of weather conditions, including snow, rain, sleet, extreme winds, or ice storms. May be exposed to extreme temperatures, hot and cold, as part of environmental factors. Work may be performed near moving mechanical parts and/or vibration. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles or electrical shock hazards.
Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)