At ADT Commercial, we are in the business of helping people and organizations to protect what matters most to them. Building upon ADT’s 145-year legacy, we secure the livelihoods and futures of critical commercial environments, retail location, educational campuses, healthcare facilities and financial institutions across the U.S. as an industry-leading security, fire and life safety systems integrator. We strive to have the most experienced and technically trained and talented teams in the industry, driven by excellence at every turn. At ADT Commercial, we truly believe that our people are the difference – for our organization, the customers we serve and the communities we protect. When you’re a part of ADT Commercial, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of that difference every day. With more than 300 locations, a deep national presence, and comprehensive portfolio of solutions and services, our employees are always poised for career advancement and growth. For more information, visit www.adtcommercial.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook. Position Summary:
The basic function of this position is to test, perform routine inspections, document deficiencies and service fire alarm systems, fire sprinkler systems as well as other fire safety product lines. Typically works under supervision of a more senior inspector or supervisor. Duties And Responsibilities:
- Conducts routine tests and inspections, documents deficiencies of fire alarm systems, fire safety systems, fire sprinkler systems and other fire safety product lines according to prescribed processes.
- Verifies proper operation prepares accurate and timely documentation of work performed.
- Prepares inspection/ deficiency reports for submission to management
- Interfaces with service management to ensure that all work is scheduled/handled.
- Interfaces with customers to explain work performed and answers their questions.
- Resolves customer concerns as quickly and effectively as possible.
- Must ensure customer satisfaction and a positive customer experience.
- Maintains and organizes truck inventory (equipment/parts and tools) to ensure proper response to customers’ needs.
- Must adhere to company safety policies and procedures.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Skills & Experience):
- Minimum of High School/Vocational training.
- Must have one (1) or more years of experience inspecting fire alarm products, wet fire sprinkler systems or industry-related experience.
- Must be proficient in the use and application of personal computers.
- Must have a working knowledge of test equipment, such as multimeters, battery analyzers and decibel meters.
- Must be familiar with fire sprinkler and fire alarm systems.
- Required to have a full understanding of NFPA 72 and NFPA 25 with the ability to discern basic deficiencies in the system being inspected.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to clear a drug screening.
- Must obtain NICET Level I in Inspection and Testing of Fire Alarm Systems and NICET Level I or equivalent in Inspection and Testing of Water-Based Systems within one (1) year.
- Must obtain and retain any licenses and certifications that are required by state and/or local codes.
- Exposure to outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, and harsh work environments.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ADT Commercial LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand walk sit twist use hands to handle reach with hands and arms push pull climb or balance stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl talk and hear.
- Use vision abilities including: close, distance, peripheral, depth, and color.
- Work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions/circumstances such as with ladders, scaffolding, high lift equipment, wires, ducts, crawl spaces, attics, above ceilings, etc.
- Lift, move, and hold up to approximately 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work a full-time, flexible schedule with “on call availability” and must be able to travel on short notice.
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle (day and evenings) for extended time periods.
Fire Alarm Systems
Hardworking And Dedicated