To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Brookings, SD 57006
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Food Chemist - Brookings, SD
SGS North America • Brookings, SD
Posted 7 days ago
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
SGS's Agriculture and Food services provide clients what they want: end-to-end supply chain services that reduce risk, ensure quality and improve productivity while providing consumers assurance of safety and quality at every stage.
The Sr. Food Chemist is responsible for developing, implementing and performing laboratory tests to determine chemical characteristics of agricultural and food products.
They are also responsible for providing regulatory and technical support to lab personnel and clients.
- Research and develop methods to characterize agricultural and food products for nutritional components and contaminants related to Food Safety.
- Implement new methods including ISO17025 validation requirements, writing SOPs and training of junior staff for routine performance.
- Participate in industry technical discussion to keep informed of upcoming technology improvements and changes in regulatory requirements.
- Perform lab analysis utilizing prescribed SOPs and official analysis methods.
- Work closely with laboratory management, sales and client services to prioritize development and validation needs to meet client and industry expectations.
- Provide technical and food safety information to internal and external clients.
- Perform routine quality control to ensure quality of work.
- Set up, adjust, maintain and operate laboratory equipment including calibration to specified technical requirements.
- Troubleshoot analysis and equipment when quality does not meet specifications.
- Ensure quality and confidentiality of client and company information and take an active role in updating Quality System.
- Maintain quality protocols for testing area and implement preventative practices.
- Promote responsibility, good work habits, a positive work environment and improve customer service.
- Associate with vendors, equipment suppliers, outside agencies and professional organizations as necessary.
Education, Competencies & Required Skills:
- Minimum B.S. degree with a concentration in Chemistry or Food Science or other relevant science area.
- 5 years in a commercial food testing and/or an advanced degree.
- Knowledgeable in data reporting, technical requirements and general market drivers, LIMS and other applications.
- Excellent organization skills which includes the ability to execute several assignments simultaneously.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to make sound suggestions or recommendations.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.