Certified Nursing Assistant
The Certified Nursing Assistant is responsible for performing various patient care activities and accommodative services under the general supervision of a Registered or Licensed Vocational/Practical Nurse. Performs patient care activities within the limits of the position. Does not administer medications or therapy. Does not assume independent responsibility for patient care. Job duties are accomplished in a manner consistent with the policies, procedures and guidelines of Post Acute Medical. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
• In collaboration with licensed staff, organizes patient care and general unit activities to accomplish required functions; prioritizes workload, answers call lights promptly, and completes assignments in a timely manner.
• Provides an appropriate environment for the provision of nursing care to individual patients by maintaining the patient rooms in an orderly manner and by assisting in the maintenance of a neat work environment.
• Provides designated patient care to assigned patients under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse, based on previously acquired skills, according to physicians’ orders, and in conformance with approved patient care standards.
• Assesses vital signs and reports significant changes to licensed nurse. Documents on appropriate worksheets.
• Records intake and output for assigned patients on nursing worksheets and notifies licensed nurse when intake or output is unusually high or low.
• Records care given as well as observed responses to treatment, including patient’s participation in ADLs. Data is complete, accurate and comprehensive.
• Assists with the distribution and collection of patient nourishments and meal trays.
• Assists patients with feeding, but does not provide any enteral feeding.
• Assists patients with activities of daily living, to include: oral care, bathing, positioning, transferring, and elimination; reports any observed change in patients’ conditions to the licensed nurse in a timely manner.
• Completes patient care assignments with special focus on maintaining patient rights; appropriate dental/oral care; special precautions in use of restraints and safety devices; dynamics of death and dying; care of immobilized patients to maximize function; care related to potential sensory deficits –audio, visual, and speech.
• Applies principles of infection control in the provision of patient care.
• Applies principles of growth and development, over the lifespan, to identify patient and caregiver needs relative to age-specific needs by adapting patient care to the needs of the patient population assigned
• Consistently implements standards for the skilled nursing unit that promote the maintenance of patient rights to include: special patient rights applicable to a skilled nursing unit; identification and reporting of any suspected patient abuse; explanation of patient expectations; explanation of process of nursing care; maintenance of confidentiality; adaptation of care for all ages of patients served, as noted above; ethical considerations; appropriate reporting of patient complaints.
• Initiates personal learning activities to increase understanding & update appropriate skills through both formal and informal activities.
Education and Training: High school graduate or equivalent preferred. Certification as a nursing assistant (CNA) where required by state where the hospital resides. Current BLS certification is required.
Experience: None required. A minimum of two (2) to three (3) years of experience in an acute hospital, rehabilitation hospital, or skilled nursing unit is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Verbal ability to effectively express ideas and views for communication with (as appropriate) pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients, visitors, and staff members.
• Ability to read and write English language including basic medical terminology and abbreviations.
• Ability to document appropriately on worksheets provided by licensed staff.
• Cognitive ability to make judgments and problem solve.
• Organizational ability to complete nursing tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
• Capacity to relate to people in a manner to win confidence and establish rapport.
• Flexibility to adjust to changing conditions and the various details of the job.
PAM Health is committed to being the most trusted source for post-acute services in every community it serves by utilizing experienced and dedicated staff to provide high quality patient care and customer service. With over 44 Long Term Acute Care and Rehabilitation hospitals and 16 Outpatient Clinics currently in operation across the country, we are proud to offer services including comprehensive wound care, aquatic therapy, ventilator weaning, amputation treatment, pain management and much more.
Joining our PAMily allows you to work in a collaborative environment with colleagues and leadership with exposure to a variety of patient care levels. Aside from our competitive pay, generous paid benefit time, and excellent insurance options, you will also have opportunities for professional growth through our Education Advancement Program.
We are excited to learn more about you and hope that you consider joining us on a shared mission to improve the lives of others by being an integral part of our We Care Program. Please take a moment to visit us online at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Certified Nursing Assistant - FT Nights | El Paso Rehab for a comprehensive look at how we're able to positively impact our local communities.
PAM Health does not discriminate and does not permit discrimination, including, without limitation, bullying, abuse or harassment, on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status, or based on association with another person on account of that person's actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status.
- Basic Life Support
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Cognition Processing