Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Jr. Grants Specialist
The Junior Grants Specialist supports the URL blocked - click to apply in the Bureau for Democracy, Conflict and Humanitarian Assistance (DCHA) of the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). The Junior Grants Specialist provides administrative grant support.
ASHA provides assistance to schools, libraries, and medical centers outside the U.S. that serve as study and demonstration centers for American ideas and practices. ASHA’s awards for commodities and infrastructure help these institutions train future leaders in a wide variety of disciplines and cultivate positive relationships among citizens of the U.S. and other nations.
Key Internal Interfaces: Project Manager, ASHA Office Staff
Key External Interfaces: ASHA Implementing Partners
- Support Grants Specialist with compilations of documents for awards (grants and cooperative agreements) and modifications and distribution of awards.
- Maintain official award files on behalf of the Agreement Officer
- Maintain and reconcile master tracking log of grant award and status
- Review and record all incoming grants related requests and pass onto Grants Specialist and serve as point of contact on grants related requests.
- Enter appropriate grants information into clients system (ASIST, GLAAS, Phoenix systems etc)
- Prepare and review all outgoing award files for Agreement Officer approval
- Ensure high level of quality control and accuracy on grant related documents
- Prepare simple approval letters for the Agreement Officers Approval
- Prepare simple modifications for the Agreement Officers Approval
Education: Master’s degree in related field and 1-3 years of relevant experience or Bachelor’s degree in related field and 1-4 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to multitask in fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and outstanding attention to detail
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Professional level skills in both oral and written communication
- Familiarity with US Government entities in general and USAID in particular is desired.
- 2-4 years of experience in an office setting
- Experience in administrative support roles
- Experience in managing, organizing and writing.
- Knowledge of procurement process (a plus)
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored clearance.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
URL blocked - click to apply
URL blocked - click to apply